Infiltrated.

Affluence Hotel & Casino
Las Vegas, 1:26 a.m, Jayde's POV:

"Jayde, I said no and that's my final fucking answer." He said in a stern tone.

"Chris you can't tell me that I can't go to the ceremony! That's not fair." I said shaking my head.

"Not fair?! Not fair?? So just fuck yo' safety then right??" He asked while folding his arms across his chest and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Your safety is essential and you're still going!"

"I'm the owner of the fucking hotel! Why would my attendance even be in the question??? Yo' safety is more important than mine!"

"That's not the point and it don't matter! This ceremony is significant to you and I'm not about to be cooped up in this penthouse missing out on your moment! I'm your support system so I am going." I said with assertion.

This is not an argument that we planned on having, but here we are.

"No the fuck you're not! End of the discussion!" He exclaimed with his nose flaring.

"Chris——"

"Do you not realize the shit that took place tonight!? You could've gotten fuckin' killed right in front of me! I'm sick of this shit and you bein' in danger bro! I almost lost yo' ass and I'm not letting it happen again!" He shouted as my blood simmered.

"As long as we're in the public eye they aren't gonna do anything! The press conference for the ceremony is gonna have a lot of cameras! They won't hurt us in front of all those people! The cartel has to stay private so that no attention is drawn to them. If you split us up, you're making it worse." I said as he blew hard to let out his frustration.

"Jayde... I'm done with this conversation." He said.

"No you're not! Why are you shutting down?!" I asked in frustration.

"Cause you keep trynna make a point that I'm not trynna hear. You don't get it! I cannot fucking lose you man and I don't think you understand that." He said while clenching his jaw.

"Chris, I do understand. But, I can't be apart from you. Just like you're nervous for me, I'm afraid for you. So, you have to let us be together tomorrow." I said as he shook his head disagreeing.

"Fuck!" He shouted as he picked up a glass and threw it at the wall.

I jumped from the noise slightly and I tried to keep my cool.

I stayed quiet as he paced.

"I need time to think." He said grabbing his phone and going to the door.

"Wait! Where are you going??" I asked concerned.

"I need space." He said as my facial muscles softened.

"Space?? At a time like this??" I asked as my feelings began to bruise.

"I just need to think."

"Chris, I get that, but you can't leave me right now. You don't know where any of them are. You can't be alone especially with no security... I can't be alone either."

"I'll be fine" He said plainly while walking away.

"Chris listen to me!" I shouted as he stopped in his tracks.

"I'm terrified... you can't do this." I pleaded.

"I'll get Meech to stay with you." He said as I scoffed.

"But, I don't need Meech right now... I need you." I said as he hesitated. Chris faced his path towards the door again and I almost lost it.

"You know what?? Go ahead and leave. Don't send anybody up here. Fuck this." I said as my eyes watered and I turned around.