Ch. 2: Blood

This universe is from Mr. Hardcor3's Vampyrism Trilogy on or AO3.

1. Vampyrism

2. Vampyrism II: Age of the Blood Moon

3. Vampyrism III: A Hunter's Quarrel

---------------------------------------------------------

The watchers smiled at the two of them, gazing to each other with a nod.

"Excellent." Equilibrar said as she snapped her fingers, opening a portal before them.

"Your first world awaits you." Orden said.

"Before we go, what do we have to do? Who or what are we looking for?" Luz asked.

"There is a person." Equilibar said, making a holographic image of her, "She is a being of darkness and hatred, she's been dubbed Athena."

The two nodded and headed towards the portal. They put the belts on and the suits cover their bodies. They go through.

Dimension V-73:

The two step out of the portal and look around.

"It looks like the standard Boiling Isles." Luz said, "So... in order to avoid getting confused, what should I call you?"

"You can call me Phoenix."

"Phoenix?" Luz asked, "There a reason for that?"

"Yeah, but it's not a pretty story." Phoenix said as their helmets retracted to show their faces and the suits retracted into their belts.

"Try me." Luz said as they began walking through the forest.

"Well, long story short, I was born prematurely, and I wasn't expected to survive, so mom used dark magic on me. It gave me the powers of a Phoenix and kept me alive. If you're me, then I'm guessing you had the whole, fighting on the bridge of the castle, right?"

Luz nodded.

"Yeah, so, unlike you I actually got impaled on a spike, went right through my heart." Phoenix said, "After dying, my powers awakened, and I was alive. I saved Eda and even managed to regress her curse a little bit. That's the short version, there's much more after that, but that's beside the point. So, what about you? What can you do?"

"Well, my story isn't as bad as yours but it's not any prettier. An incident when I was young traumatized me, making me scared of my own shadow. Until I went to see a therapist, who suggested I do something to help give me a sense of control in my life again. One of their suggestions was taking kickboxing classes and that's what I did. I made rivals, I got in trouble beating up bullies, and I lived my life until I was given a choice of being sent to military school or Reality Check Camp." Luz said to Phoenix, who shivered at the mention of that camp. "Anyways, I obviously didn't go because Owlbert stole my Azura book, and I ran after him. I came to the Boiling Isles and began life anew with friends, a girlfriend, and a home until I can find a new way back."

"Let me guess... Amity?"

Luz nodded. They kept walking until they heard growling. They looked around, seeing a brunette girl devour a dead animal.

"W-w-who's that?" Luz asked.

"I'm... not sure." Phoenix said.

Their talking was enough for the girl to stand up and looked at them. The glasses and brown hair wasn't enough to disguise her.

"Boscha?" They said.

Another difference, her eyes were changing between red and black, almost like one was fighting for control. Boscha started walking towards them, keeping her mouth open to show off her fangs.