Ch. 6: Barbed Wire

This universe of from Mr. Hardcor3's Vigilante trilogy on Fanfiction.net and AO3.

1. The Vigilante
2. Symbol
3. Justice

---------------------------------------------------

Dimension: V-224

They landed on the roof of a sky scrapper.

"We... are not in the Isles." Phoenix said.

"I see a beach... are we in California?" Fighter Luz asked.

They didn't get a chance to see anything else as several small needles hit the ground in front of them.

"What the?!" They said.

They turned around and saw three people, one in yellow, one in red, and one in purple.

Phoenix looked at the girl in yellow, seeing pink skin and noticing black three eyes.

"Boscha?" She asked, "They've been corrupted!"

Toxin pulled out her needle and charged, with Abomination and Cardinal close behind. Fighter Luz and Phoenix separated to the left and the right; Toxin following Fighter Luz as Abomination and Cardinal focused on Phoenix! Phoenix lit up and shot fire at Abomination, who held out her hands and took it, making it turn from orange to purple. Cardinal got behind Phoenix and held her arms behind her back.

"Oh, you want to do it like that, huh?"

Phoenix quickly raised her leg behind her, hitting Cardinal in the nuts. With Fighter Luz, she was easily able to dodge and even disarm Toxin, which is when Toxin went to her fins. Doing her best to avoid the red fins, completely unaware that they hold her paralysis potion, Fighter Luz had no choice but to use her gloves. She pressed the fire glyph and... nothing. Her gloves didn't work for some reason.

"Oh, did you think glyphs work in the human realm?" Athena asked.

Fighter turned around and charged at Athena, aiming a fist at her, which Athena caught with ease.

"You still don't get it, do you?" Athena asked, "You're a weak, pathetic, Human. You can't stop me."

"Who are you calling a weak Human?" A voice said from behind Athena.

Athena turned around and was met with the hardest punch she had ever experienced in her life, sending her flying and smashing into the edge of the building! She landed on the ground with a groan. She looked up and saw man in a denim jacket, jeans, a mask, hat, and sunglasses.

"And who are you?" Athena growled

The man reached into his jacket and pulled out his revolver.

"I'm the one with the gun."

The man fired several shots at Athena as she blocked the shots with her arms before Toxin charged at him. The man didn't even look at her as he ducked, sweeping her feet out and kicking her across the roof.

"I don't know what you did to my partners, but-" He said, pulling out a wooden bat with barbed wire and dried blood on it, "I don't appreciate it."

"Damn, that's hardcore." Phoenix said as she jumped away from Abomination.

"Exactly. That's my name." The man said.

Mr. Hardcore walked up to Athena and side stepped her axe. He retaliated by delivering a massive uppercut with the bat. Athena was knocked back from the hit, as blood actually dripped down her mouth and out of her mask.