Chapter 8

"So let me get this straight, Lucian came by the other day and attacked MY family's district, killed MY people, and utterly SLAUGHTERED the humans that we promised to protect?" Luni asked me as we flew back to the district.

"Yeah, sums it up." I proved her right. "And he did all of this with some random lightning dragon blood..?" Luni raised an eyebrow. "At least it's what a witness told us." I commented.

"This can't be good... but why would he do all of this? He normally wouldn't be one to kill without a reason." Luni uttered. "I'm not too sure, but ever since Faria's death... you know how he's deteriorated." I said looking down.

"And now he's back with a new mindset.." Luni said pondered. "And a new friend." I added. It's only been a day after I saw the aftermath of the Artemis district's destroyed section downtown.

After I first found out yesterday and dissected the situation, Mage suggested I came back tomorrow and discuss things with Zey. When I told Luni about the news, she was shocked and surprised, but also understandably pissed at the same time.

Therefore, we flew towards an under-construction Artemis district in absolutely no time. Once we landed, we walked through the streets to find out where Zey was.

'Your boyfriend has some issues Elsa.' Chalk commented. 'Shut up Chalk. If anything you shouldn't be the one who has a single chance at talking.' I snapped.

'The f*ck did I do-oh yeah I remember how on two occasions I put him in his place. Man, those were some good times.' Chalk reminisced as if that was a good thing.

'I swear on everything, you're f*cked up. You're f*cked up, and you need to be checked.' I thought bitterly. 'I thought you knew that since day one Elsa, but apparently I'm not the only one.' Chalk implied.

'He's just going through some things, things that you caused!' I reminded. 'I missed the part where that was my problem..?' Chalk really didn't give a sh*t.

I noticed how I grew more and more angrier as he responded, so I just stayed quiet at that point. Thankfully, so did he. Me and Luni were still looking for Zey around the district, but we couldn't find him in any of the common spots.

"Where on earth is this man?" I nearly gave up. "I don't know. Where do you think we should look next?" Luni asked me. I took a moment to think about any of the places that we didn't check yet.

"Hey, have we checked the center? You know, where your family lives." I suggested. "No we haven't." Luni answered. "I think we should probably go there and check it out." I implied. "Sounds like a plan." Luni agreed.

With no time to wast, we made our way to the center of the district. Where the Artemis family resided. We saw the entrance and noticed that Zey was waiting at the gate.

 We saw the entrance and noticed that Zey was waiting at the gate

"Hello there Silver. Luni." Zey greeted us with a wave. "Hey Zey!" I gave him a handshake, and Luni gave him a hug. "It has been a good while since we've met like this. That, or I'm too old to remember." Zey chuckled.

Me and Luni laughed with him, but then I noticed a small but familiar looking kid sitting on top of the center's walls.

The kid glanced at us for a moment and put down his phone and headphones. "Oh and of course you've met the offspring of Mage and Alex have you not?" Zey pointed at the child.

"Wait a minute... so you're max?!" My eyes widened, bewildered. "Yup." Max jumped down from the wall with his hands in his pocket. "Well how have you been?! I haven't seen you since were a hatchling!" I gave him a tight hug.

"I've.. been.. fine..." Max responded. I finally let him go, giving him a chance to breathe. "And what's with the scar? I don't remember you having that last time." Luni pointed out.

"All of my boy classmates tried jumping me because all of their girlfriends liked me. Only reason I got scarred was because I wanted to feel like a victim for a change." Max said casually.

Zey began to laugh. "How rowdy the next generation will be. Sooner or later, old farts like me won't have a place in this world anymore." Zey still smiled proudly.

"How old are you again Max?" I asked. "I turned ten recently. Just graduated elementary school though." Max replied. "Hm, so where's Mage?" I looked around.

"I wouldn't stop asking him about going outside so he left me with Zey to stop another human attack or whatever." Max crunched his lollipop. "I see." I rubbed my chin.

"So I suggest we get down to business." Luni ushered. "Oh right! Yes yes. I believe you already know about what happened here and... who's most likely at fault for this.." Zey's mood faltered a bit.

"It's a shame that all of this... came from a student that I let in... he really did have good potential, that lad." Zey looked down, "All of this, it brings back so many memories.. however, I can't recall too many good ones."

I gave him a solemn look. "It'll be okay sir. Just tell us what we need to do and we'll get to it." Luni was determined. "Very well then. You know where Oceania is located right?" Zey asked us.

"South Pacific near Australia." Max butted in as he reduced his lollipop stick to ashes with golden lightning. "Yes, very good Max. That's also where I need you two to go." Zey brought his focus back onto us.

"With all due respect sir... that's literally on the other side of the world. How are we gonna get there before them when I'm pretty sure they've already started?" I was baffled.

"Sweetie, you remember those new speed techniques that Chalk had been directing you through?" Luni's implication. Once I caught on to what she was saying, I nodded. "We'll be fine sir. We have our ways." Luni spoke for both of us.

"That is good. I suggest you warn the empress once you get there that she's being hunted. Although, I suggest you be careful as well... she's been a little more.. overzealous, if that's the word." Zey told us beforehand.

"I've heard... but I just have one more thing to ask." My curiosity died down, but not fully. "Why us?" I questioned. "Leo and Lele are currently fighting alongside Asher, and Ruby has human to take care of." Zey listed.

"Not to mention, you two are one of my strongest dragon bloods. I trust you with this." Zey nodded at us. "Alright then. We won't let you down sir." I clenched my fist. "I know you won't." Zey smiled.

"Alright. bye bye!" Luni said her goodbyes as we began to float away. "Stay in school Max!" I exclaimed. "No promises." I saw Max cross his arms. I laughed at his sass and turned to Luni.

"You ready to go and find a queen?" I asked, ready for whatever came next. "Hell yeah. Let's go!" Luni and I covered ourselves in our auras, and immediately took off with speed.