Chapter 17

Blasted away from each other due to the aftermath of a passionate clash of cold air, and lightning, I didn't really try my hardest to recoil from it. The zone was flaking with ice and electricity, but the blast didn't affect us too much.

Able to slide back on all ten toes while freezing the H2O I stood atop of, I extended a hand towards Maoi and made the wind do my bidding. Telekinetically, I pulled him towards me with a chaotic force that wasn't able to be seen.

At first he tumbled a little, but not long after, he curled up his body and zoomed towards me. As his body glowed with green and crackled with black energy, Maoi hit me in the stomach with his tail.

I was pushed back further, but was able to do a backflip midair. And just in time to see Maoi coming to me again at lightning speed. His body looked loose as it zoomed towards me, but his power was nowhere close to loose.

The lightning in his hands moved and glowed as his new scaly hands began to open, reaching for my neck. Aware of his intentions, I grabbed a hold of his wrist firmly before before he even had a chance at grabbing my neck.

The lightning around his body discharged back to normal as the remaining energy was released from his body. I was careful enough to use a bit of frost to make sure the electricity's effects were neutralized before touching me.

Maoi and I gazed into each other's eyes, both holding something in common that we wanted more than anything. To win the fight. While we stayed afloat in the air, staring at each other, I attempted to punch him in his right hip.

He caught my punch, and we both broke hold of each other. In a fury of impatience, we threw a flurry of punches at each other. Each being more cold or shocking than the last. Once more, the strength in our elements began to show off.

The longer our barrage went on, the faster we moved. And the faster we moved, the stronger our punches became. Maoi's body was growing more and more accustomed to the same speed and strength as a regular lightning bolt.

I was surprised that I was able to keep up, but I knew it was because of Chalk's wind. And what he what he taught me also came into fray as a helpful factor. Air control; moving wind without thinking.

It was helpful... but it felt like I missed something crucial. 'You better not have forgotten what I taught you Elsa.' I heard Chalk say in my head. Indifferent to his words, I still kept on fighting against Maoi's barrage of counterattacks.

'ELSA! Look where we are. You're surrounded by nothing but air and water. Both of which you can make a your cold b*tch. Just man the f*ck up, and use our damn power the right way!!' Chalk exclaimed.

He was right. The entire area was basically my zone. I had to make it my zone. Otherwise, what else would I be able to do as an ice dragonblood, and as an eight key. I needed to expand my domain. Unknowingly, our fists clashed again.

Suddenly, everything felt heavier, but lighter. Everything looked clear, but blinding. My touch was numb, and my hearing dulled. We both staggered from the outburst of energy we had created again.

Difference being that this time, we made up a half-ass hurricane that involved us being in the cold center. The inner storm was cold. The rough and wild wind was glowing green from Maoi's lightning. Like a real disaster.

This still did not hinder me and Maoi's decision to box up with each other. We were determined to win the fade. I was about to hit him with a right hook, but he already threw one at me first. So instead, I used both hands to swing him with the arm he tried to punched me with.

Maoi was flexible. Just a single shock, and he blew my arm away from him. After that, he attempted to roundhouse kick me in the face, followed by a tail whip. I quickly ducked, and grabbed a hold of his legs.