Chapter 9

I was out hunting in the woods, searching through the trees to see if I could find some fresh game. I stopped moving for a moment, and I heard something moving through the bushes.

I crouched down in case it was something worthwhile, hoping to not alert whatever came along. Whether it was a predator or not escaped my mind. Moments later, a white deer came into view.

I waited patiently until its full body was revealed into the clearing

I waited patiently until its full body was revealed into the clearing. I didn't do anything yet though. I at least wanted to make sure the deer had his guard down. The deer looked around to check if anyone was around, barely missing me.

Once it felt safe, it walked out of the ferns and into the clearing to eat some fresh grass. Taking this opportunity for myself, I used the wind to hide any sound I made. "Sorry.." I whispered.

Before the deer had time to react, I jumped out of my hiding spot and pounced on the deer. In order to make sure it didn't escaped I wrapped my arms around its neck tightly.

I felt a tendency to sink my teeth into its neck, but I didn't wanna be selfish. Nor did I want the creature to suffer anymore than it already was. So I snapped it's neck, putting it to rest.

"wiap mojka" I told the deer to fly high, and I carried its lifeless body back with me. 'Congratulations. You killed a defenseless animal.' Chalk tried to make me feel bad.

I said nothing and just kept walking through the dense and bushy greens. 'So no comment again? Pfft, lame!' Chalk instigated. 'Now is not the time for your sh*t Chalk. This is serious business.' I thought seriously.

'Yeah yeah whatever. I see that you followed my methods on using aerial silence that I taught you yesterday. Didn't think you'd get it off the rip to be honest..' Chalk commented.

'I'm not the only one who's been getting stronger Chalk, and I'm sure you noticed too..' I implied. 'Oh you mean that crazy moon chick you trynna marry? Yeah she obviously unlocked something.' Chalk stated.

'She's not crazy, for one. Two, I can just tell that her energy is different. It's starting to feel... almost separated.' I tried to pin the image down into my head. 'I'm telling you, it has to do with one of her modes.' Chalk insisted.

'I swear you keep mentioning that. Is it because she's born with primordial power, or what?' I quizzed. 'All you need to know is that you're gonna find out soon.' Chalk riddled.

'What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?' I asked, but I heard no response. 'Chalk. What do you mean...?' I asked again, but still heard nothing.

I just decided to give up, and kept walking towards the smoke that signaled where me and Luni temporarily resided. Two days passed since we first went out to race Lucian and his unknown partner to Oceania.

We haven't come across them yet, but we did bump into many dragon hating folk along the way. Some of them we ignored since they were harmless. Others that tried hunting us either got blasted, ripped apart, decayed, or frozen.

Even then, those blasted humans never learned. On the other hand we came across some good humans too. It actually restored my faith in humanity a little bit, since I'm also half human.

On unlucky occasions though, we got attacked my by a few member of the 'Satan's hands' on the way as well. It got really annoying, but they weren't really a problem. However, it did seem like they were getting stronger.

Slowly but surely. My thoughts went away after I saw Luni sitting on a log in the clearing, waiting for me at the campfire. "Oh you're back! And I see that you brought dinner too." Luni licked her lips.

"Yeah, want me to cook this time?" I asked. "Sure, I don't mind. Don't really feel like it this time." Luni replied. "Okay, but do you really want me to cook it, or should we eat it raw like last time?" I questioned.

"I guess we can cook half of it. The other half we'll save and eat it raw later." Luni suggested. I nodded and put the deer down for a moment. I conjured a knife made of ice, and skinned the fur off of the deer.

After I cut the fur off down to the skin and flesh, I sliced off the deer's head, and cut its body in half. I tossed one half to the side, and telekinetically moved the other half on top of the fire, rolling it to make sure all of the sides were cooked.

"We could have eaten the head too. The eyeballs and brain are usually the best parts." Luni commented. "True, but eating the eyes make me feel fat and chubby ngl. Like a kid with a sweet tooth." I replied.

"What about the brain?" Luni moved to that topic. "It's all good. The brain has some extra juice in it, but it can also be a healthy option for those who might wanna get smarter-" I heard a noise in the bushes again.

"Is that another animal, or a human..?" My ears twitched. "I don't know, but I think we're about to find out..." Luni's eyes began to glow. As I heard more noises rustle in the bushes, the more I felt my eyes flare.

Seconds of suspense passed before a burnt and smoky human body was thrown at us. As it hit the ground near the fire, we saw that it wasn't just charred beyond repair, but it had a 'Satan's hand' emblem on its black and burned.

It also had a huge stab wound in its eye. As aghast as I was from the brutally violated body, I was even more shocked when I saw Max come out of the bushes with blood on his hands.

"Max?!" Me and Luni exclaimed. "Hello. Saw there was a human about to sneak on y'all so I had to help out." Max said casually. "No no no, forget that! why are you here?" I was puzzled.

"Simple. I wanted to come with you." Max replied. "But... how did you even manage to catch up with us? And how did you manage to stay hidden this whole time?!" Luni was full of questions.

"I was able to keep up thanks to my powers that allow me to gain more and more potential energy as I gather kinetic energy when I move, making me faster and stronger as I go. As for the second part, I can cancel sound by coating my body with air." Max described with ease.

"You... are smart boy for a ten year old." I commented. "And too smart for his own good. You have to go home." Luni's eyes stopped glowing. "Not like you can make me go if I don't want to." Max yawned.

"What's that supposed to mean..?" I gave him a stern look. "You obviously are in a race against time at the moment. Taking me home is just gonna make it more difficult to catch up to your friend." Max proved his point.

I was speechless and so was Luni. "So... am I allowed to stay now?" Max asked with confidence. "Fine you can stay with us, but don't get in our way, and you better do what we tell you to do." I demanded.

"No promises. Now I suggest you take that deer off of the fire, I think it's done." Max took a seat on the log as I removed the cooked deer body from on top of the fire. "I guess we're babysitting now." Luni muttered.