Chapter 15

I wasn't able to understand. Why was Max out in the first place? How did he manage to get past the empress's guards? When did he have this much power to begin with? Then, I saw that his sclera was black.

Max knew how to go into Maki form. How? I had no damn clue. My best guess was that he was taught by his father and mother. They've always been obsessively strong and knowledgeable when it came to terms of combat.

That can be expected from retired teachers. I'd ask how Max got past Luni, but I was able to imagine the scenario. Luni was distracted protecting the city after all, so it made sense that Max exploited that to get out.

And now it came down to this. Max hovered up in the air and took a glance down at me. He looked at me with eyes that showed a small sign of superiority, but a bigger amount of confusion. I took that as offense, but there was no time for that.

Max looked at my far right up in the air. I looked in the same direction, and saw that Maoi was hovering in the air once more in his Draken form. Black and green lightning surged through him. I grew concerned that Max wouldn't be able to hold him off.

But I wasn't aware of the strength he held as a dragonblood. Seconds passed by as the two just hovered and stared at each other more and more. Their static began to expand, and thunder roared as lightning grew more rampant from the skies.

'It looks like the kid has more power than you thought he did. Huh... could not be me.' Chalk yawned. 'Yeah, cause you're dead.' I reminded. 'Daaang Elsa. That's so cold of you..' Chalk shook his head.

'I will give it to the kid, he knows how to stand off against a superior.' Chalk complimented. As soon as he said that, Max and Maoi gathered lightning into their hands, and clashed. Except something about Max's... was different.

They started fighting at a speed that could be easily seen. I was grateful enough to have eyes that were used to comprehending speeds that I couldn't top myself. Although it was between adult and kid, the fight was extremely flashy.

Maoi's lightning was released with every movement he made. He didn't care if Max was a dragonling or not, he was willing to fight if it meant that he got what he wanted. He scraped Max a few times, but never directly hit him.

Max was kind of different. His limbs turned into a shiny white metal, and his energy wasn't just shocking, but warm too. His attacks were sharp and fast, but they still weren't as strong as Maoi's.

Almost all of Max's hits landed, but most of them were actively blocked, or shrugged off at the beginning. Later on, it looked like Maoi started to feel the blows, even if he blocked them.

Maoi only managed to hit him once as the speed began to raise. It was a direct punch to the face. Max was sent flying back, skipping across the water like a stone. Soon, he caught himself. I had an urge to jump in, but Chalk stopped me.

'Do you think you're able to do anything when you're so low on stamina?' Chalk asked me. I took a moment to really think about it, and tried to to come up with an idea. There was only one option I could think of.

"Majin." I said with my mouth. 'You're gonna go Majin on a guy who's probably not even a key? Think Elsa! Think!!' Chalk yelled in my brain. I gritted my teeth as I was forced to watch until I regained some of my energy.

Max was now running on water towards a dominant Maoi who hovered above him. Maoi aimed his hand at Max and blasted multiple shots of lightning at him. Max dodged the blasts and leaped up towards Maoi, who was readying another dark, yet more powerful lightning blast.

As Max also charged his fist with energy of a lighter color, their lightning clashed together from the impact. A big sphere of electric energy engulfed the two of them. Even then, I was able to see that they were still boxing in the sphere of energy.

This wasn't for long after Maoi missed a certain punched, and Max somehow threw him out of the sphere. Midway out, Maoi sliced the air and a sharp wave of lightning came at Max. He returned the favor, and sliced it in half.

Maoi slid on the water with his lightning coated feet, and spread his arms out. Pillars of solidified lightning struck down from the sky, and circled around him faster and faster, spreading out while doing so.

While that happened, Max flew around the moving pillars at top speed. Then he became faster, and faster, and faster, until suddenly... he was inside of the zone, safe from the lightning pillars that dispersed seconds later.

Max's body still had static, but Maoi's was gone for a singular moment. The thunderstorm from above turned white for a split second. All of a sudden, Maoi was getting hit and shocked multiple times from all sides by the electric afterimages of Max.

What made the attack a disrespectful is that Max wasn't even looking at him while he was getting attacked mercilessly. He just stood there, looking down at the ocean. Maoi was in a tight spot.

He could barely do anything else as the attacks kept coming. The longer it dragged on, the more goosebumps I felt on my skin. It felt like something big was gonna happen. Something dangerous.

"Max! Get out of there!!" I yelled out to him. He looked at me, but he didn't really move. Instead he turned around and saw Maoi roaring in a fury. Dark green and black lightning empowered his body as he cancelled out Max's afterimage attack.

After that, it was chaotic disaster. Maoi's lightning began to unleash and run wild upon the area around him. Max knew he couldn't stay and watch the danger unfold anymore.

He took to the skies immediately, and dodged every strike of lightning that attempted to hit him. Seeking shelter, Max grabbed my shoulder, flipped onto my back, and hid behind me. Lucky I rested long enough, I used my wind barrier to protect us from anymore lightning strikes.

Soon, the storm was calming. Yet, it still raged. Maoi's lightning was no longer chaotic, but it was still seen through a part of the water. Maoi remained alive... but his appearance looked different.

There was a small electrical cloud that he sat on. He looked more sleepy. More tired. His eyes showed exhaustion, but at the same time boredom. However, when he looked back at us, it looked like his interests were peaked.

 However, when he looked back at us, it looked like his interests were peaked