Chapter 19

"Tch, filthy scaled brutes... you two are a disgrace to our kind!" Empress Kari snapped on the now detained subjects, Lucian and Marceline. Marceline happened to be the name of the purple storm dragon.

We were only able to find out by the time she folded on us in the middle of Empress Kari's torture. I gotta say... she was ruthless. We were currently above water. Me, Luni, Max, and the two empresses were all there with us.

But Kari was busy chewing out the chained up dragons that brought forth destruction to her kingdom. "Now answer me honestly; who was the first one to show up?!" Kari demanded answers. Without hesitation, Lucian pointed at himself.

 Without hesitation, Lucian pointed at himself

Kari slapped the blood out of him. "You absolute mongrel!! Do you have any idea what you've wrought upon my kingdom?! You best be lucky the damages you made were minimal, or else I'd kill you myself!" Kari snapped.

"Now as for you. Were you the second, or last one to appear?!" She quickly turned her head towards Marceline. It looked like she wanted to deny it, but instead she just stared. Kari was getting more and more pissed off just by looking at her.

 Kari was getting more and more pissed off just by looking at her

Before Kari could do anything rash, I stepped in. "Why did you attack us?" I asked. "You killed a friend of mine. Why else?" She responded quickly. "Okay, now that was an unusually quick answer." Max commented.

"Okay, then you. Lucian... why did you attack the kingdom? Letalone us?! We've been worried sick!" I was hurt and confused. "You know why I'm doing this... you of all people should know this." Lucian glared at me.

"Lucian, killing a bunch of humans isn't the way to do this. I know you're grieving, but some of the humans you killed were on our side. We lost good people-" "I DON'T GIVE A F*CK!" Lucian cut me off.

"Should've thought about taking away the only one I could relate to first... then I wouldn't have done what I did. If you can't understand that, you're my enemy too." Lucian's words had cut me deep, like a knife on steak.

"That still doesn't explain my kingdom." Kari stated. "Isn't it obvious? If I could destroy your kingdom somehow, you'd be forced to comply with my demands." Lucian said. "Mhm, and look where that got you. Detained." Kari replied.

"Tch. I'd do it again!" Lucian looked away from Nagi's direction. "I don't think you'll have to." Luni began to speak. "What are you blabbering on about?" Kari raised an eyebrow at her.

Luni slowly raised up her finger, and a big bubble emerged from behind us. Funny story... I couldn't believe who was inside of that bubble. A blast from the past had emerged before our very eyes.

She looked paler than the last time I saw her, but I know being dead can do that to you

She looked paler than the last time I saw her, but I know being dead can do that to you. Her wings covered her entire lower body. I could tell that the clothes she wore, weren't the ones originally assigned to her body. On top of all that, she was a little wet.

I stared in disbelief, not fully convinced that I was awake. I rubbed my eyes, she was still there. I pinched myself, she was still there. I bit my tongue until blood came out, and she was still there. Faria was finally back.

"Hey." She waved lightly inside the bubble. I wanted to run up to her and give her a big hug, but I think Luni had already seen my thoughts. Luni directed the bubble to my direction, and opened it a little.

As soon as I saw the opening, me and Faria made contact immediately. Embracing each other with all the friendly feelings we had towards one another. I blinked at Luni, hoping she would join in too. Luni shook her head and smiled. "I already had my hug." She mouthed.

Once me and Faria let go of each other, I did my best to clean her face of any water markings. "O-oh my Go-the legend! It's true!!" I said in disbelief. "Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are. I missed you all so much." Faria spoke.

"We missed you too." I smiled. Faria smiled at me, but her gaze immediately shifted to Max. "Who's that?" She asked. "Oh that's Max. Mage and Alex's son." I answered.

"I missed the birth of their child?! Dang, I've got a lot to catch up on." Faria waved at Max. Max gladly reciprocated. Finally, Faria looked at a shocked, distraught, happy, and broken Lucian. Marceline just showed a look of disbelief.

To be honest, I couldn't blame them in the slightest. "Hey, you could you all let me talk to them myself? I have a few things to say to them." Faria began to open her newly revived wings. "Fine. Do what you must." Kari stepped back.

We all stepped back and started talking. "So Luni, how did you manage to find her?" I asked. "While I was protecting the city of the relentless lightning THEY CAUSED, I accidentally stumbled upon her minimally pale body on the outskirts." Luni explained.

"The ironic part was that it was right in front of the irisv pond the whole time!" Luni described. "Hm... thank Ithquent they didn't know how to use it. Such fools they are to place her there." Kari clicked her tongue.

"By the way, what brings you here? You never come this far south unless you desperately need something. And from us would be an action I least expected." Kari looked at Lis. Empress to Empress.

"I didn't come for you. I came someone that goes by the name of Silver Tenku." Lis fixed her hair as she said my name. "I believe you speak of my name your highness." I bowed. "Good. Now up! I'm in need of your help." Lis urged.

"For what, may I ask?" I asked politely. "For back up against a raging terrorist. I was actually sent by said terrorist's target. We're only able to hold them off for so long, but they urged for me to get you." Lis said.

"Who would want me specifically?" I asked again. "The Ice King of the north." Lis said vaguely. "Hm..." I took a moment to think about it, but I then was patted on the back by Luni. "Don't think. Do. We'll be fine for now hon. But a kingdom needs you." Luni said positively.

"Yeah, go ahead and kill the terrorist so you can go home quicker." Max said nonchalant. I chuckled and looked at the Fire Empress. I clenched my fists, and smiled determinedly. "Okay then. Lead on your highness!" I hyped.