Chapter 12

"Guards!! Take the boy to one of the farms in the outer corals! Outsiders, you're with me!" Kari swam up to the surface. "It's Khalil and Luni by the way your highness!" I corrected as we followed her, leaving Max with the Royal guards.

We moved towards the surface at top speed, hoping not to miss anything else that would happen, nor to let Lucian and whoever his was get away again.

But as we get closer and closer to the surface, the more wild and red the water appeared to be... if that was even considered just water. Me and Luni made it above the water, but Kari kept half of her body inside.

What did we see you might ask? Well... we saw a storm. A raging lightning filled storm that loomed over us as an extremely familiar dragon lashed out and tore the guards from before apart, and threw them away like broken bloody toys...

 A raging lightning filled storm that loomed over us as an extremely familiar dragon lashed out and tore the guards from before apart, and threw them away like broken bloody toys

It was Lucian. I knew it was. I felt it in my gut. He might have been in a different scaly form, but I still recognized him anywhere. "Lucian..." I looked at the dragon who's eyes shined green at us with bloodlust.

"OUTSIDER!!!" Kari yelled at Lucian with all she had. "HOW DARE YOU COME AND ATTACK MY KINGDOM!!" Water rushed around the angry Kari. Her skin began to hardened into scales, and her sclera turned black.

"YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!!" The water began to steam and a huge wave of water arose from behind Lucian, rushing towards the huge reptile.

Lucian turned around, and spewed an enormous amount of concentrated hot water at the wave, bursting through through the large body of water. Kara took this as an opportunity to jump out of the water, and tackle the huge beast.

As she continued to manhandle the wildly moving Lucian, me and Luni saw a shirtless man descend from the thundering clouds. He looked at us with blank black eyes. Whatever he intended, I knew it wasn't in our favor.

Then, I began to connect the dots. The lightning blast, the storm, it all made sense at the time. We were staring at Lucian's literal partner in crime. "Who are you?" I kept my composure as I asked.

For a moment he stayed silent, but then he raised his arm at me. I was about to do something, but no electricity came out. "Maoi Raijin." He spoke boldly.

And in a split second, Thunder came from above and struck me down into the water

And in a split second, Thunder came from above and struck me down into the water. I heard Luni call out my name, but it was muffled by the water. Thankfully the shock wasn't too powerful, so I swam back up in not time.

But when I did make it up, I saw that Luni and Maoi were already fighting at top speed. Through the speed I noticed something crucially different about Maoi. His sclera was black, but his skin remained normal.

He wasn't in drake form yet! Or at the very least, he didn't know how to. While those two went at it, I heard a blood curdling roar from where Lucian and Kari battled.

Kari was no longer manhandling a wild Lucian, but she instead was throwing multiple heavy water pillars at the energetic monster who was trying to get a good bite out of her.

I had perfect confidence in my wife's abilities to hand the lightning dragonblood, so I zoomed over to Kari's aid, wishing Luni luck in her battle. Lucian continued to dodge Kari's giant pillars as the newly launched water bullets did no damage.

While Lucian was busy trying to get a good chomp out of Kari, I caught him off guard and punched him square in the face. By the time he felt that impact, rushed over to Kari's side. "You okay?" I asked.

"I don't need your hel-" Lucian's tail whipped me away, sliding me across the water like a damn skipping stone. I used wind to catch myself, and fly back at Lucian.

I prepared an ice attack over the water, and huge wall of ice headed towards his way. Lucian just glanced at it, and a huge geyser of water appeared out of literally nowhere! Therefore, destroying my ice wall.

I winced my teeth and flew faster, gathering wind and ice at my fists. Lucian continued to surround kari with his body from in and out of the water, most likely aware that he was on her turf now.

I was about to land a clean hit on Lucian again, but a dragon made of blood that looked exactly like Lucian chomped on my body, and flew up and down over the sea, trying to tear me apart.

As it's blood made fangs dug deep into my flesh, I felt my sclera change, tapping into my first form called Maki. I gathered some ice into my hands and touched the dragon copy, freezing it not instantly, but soon enough.

By the time we started falling, I busted my way out of its red and shattered ice jaws. I quickly glanced over to Luni's side and I saw that she was shooting multiple moon beams at Maoi, who was mainly zooming around.

I glanced at Kari's side and I saw that she started spitting water at Lucian, but she was easily overpowered when Lucian did the exact same thing. Kari ducked into the water to save herself from the blast, but it did not turn out that easy.

Lucian was not letting that fade swim away so soon. So when Lucian dived into the water was also when I started flying back towards them at top speed, letting the wind guide my movements.

The closer I got, the more chaotic I saw the water becoming. It looked like Lucian was moving viciously, so I assumed the worse and tried to fly back faster, wondering how far away the blood dragon took me.

Little to my surprise, I saw another incarnated blood dragon rise from the bloody section of the ocean. Little to no seconds later, it also dived into the water. I had no idea what was going on down there, but I took a chance and dived into the water.

All I saw was blood. Blood was being spread throughout the water, covering what was really going on in there. The metallic taste of had gotten into my mouth, and I quickly got out of there, not wanting to get exploded.

All of a sudden... I saw something bright happening. From above the water I saw the infecting blood red color had turned to normal. The water smarted moving excitedly.

And where Kari was at, the water opened. Lucian looked surprise when he saw his bloody doppelgänger reduce itself to normal water. As for Kari... what my eyes laid upon was just new, yet at the same time I also saw... pride?

(Credit: kardie)

(Credit: kardie)