Letter's (Graves)

(Male reader)

You always knew how he liked his eggs, sunny side up with a little salt and pepper. So boring but he loved them.

You knew every morning like the back of your hand, grumpy curses stringing out of your husband's mouth as he pulled himself out of bed. He hated mornings, always feeling so groggy.

But you loved the mornings, waking up to his grumpy voice, the sound of him brushing his teeth and getting ready for the day.

.

.

.

"(Y/N)...Can we just stay home? I don't want to go to that dinner party."

You looked over at him and nodded, there wasn't anything you wouldn't do for him.

.

.

.

"Graves, think about it! You don't have to do that to your team, 141 is your family! Don't do that to them. Please?"

You gripped onto his shirt, anger and sorrow in your voice. He told you about his next assignment and it broke your heart. You couldn't believe he was going to do it...after all he had been through with that group. He decides to do this.

"Love, they're going to kill you. Think about what will happen, you don't need to do this. What does it matter if Shepherd gave you these orders. You have morals, right Graves?"

"Drop it (Y/N). I'm leaving and there's nothing you can say to stop me. I'll be back in the blink of an eye."

.

"I'll be back..."

.

.

.

"Mr. Graves?"

You stood by your doorway and gasped a bit when the person standing out there was that one Scottish man you knew so well. Mostly from the house parties your husband would set up.

"Mactavish?"

"...I'm here on behalf of-"

Shut up. Shut up Mactavish...just shut up.

.

.

.

"After all, it is your fault..you caused your own death, but it wasn't just your life that was taken...it was mine too, my whole world was stripped from me. Blown up in that tank along with my lover."

You placed his uniform back into the closet, shutting the door gently.

It hurt to even look at your home, the one that was now so empty and devoid of any life. Your house plants were dying off too, as if knowing you too had died along with your husband.

"Fucking idiot Graves...you're an idiot. I hate you for leaving me here! Now all I have is your stupid last name to hold me over till death."

.

.

.

"Till death do us part? Never...for my love for you is undying."