France(Graves)

"I want to climb it!"

"I swear my knees will give out."

"Come on Phil" 

You picked up your cat Rocks and ran towards the Eiffel tower, the bright lights making your smile grow. You held the cat up above your head and pointed at the top, the tickets you held in your hands waving in the soft wind. 

"We're going up there, the city view will be great!" 

You fixed the harness on the cat, making sure it fits snuggly on him. 

"Do we really have to walk up that thing?"

You looked over at the man who had just said the most disappointing words. Graves looked up at the beautifully lit-up tower, such pain would come from walking up those hundreds of steps. 

"Yeah now hurry up before I make you carry Rocks"

You got in line for the stairs, of course, you could have taken the lift but what fun was that? You could do it but you wanted to see the pain in your boyfriend's eyes. With pain comes reward, that soft velvet box with a perfect ring sitting in it was the reward if he could make it to the top. 

You handed your tickets to the lady and looked back, taking ahold of his hand. You gave him a cheeky smile before starting the way to the second floor. At less than halfway up the tower Graves stopped, looking down at the ground you two were just on. 

"I think this is good enough, can we please go back down?"  

You rolled your eyes and tugged him along, even your cat wasn't complaining as much as he was. Maybe it was because he was being carried and this man had to walk with his own damn legs. 

"Stop complaining, I paid for these tickets. I want to make my money worth" 

You basically dragged the man up the stairs like an unwilling child, all the way up he complained about his knees hurting or he wants to take a break because he was tired. You simply said no and kept walking, leaving the tired man behind sitting on the steps as people walked around him. 

"Get up Phillip, I thought I was bringing my boyfriend on this trip. Not a child" 

He groaned and got up, making the rest of the agonizing walk up the stairs, it wasn't that bad. He had to be overreacting to it, Who knows?

"See, wasn't that bad" 

You smiled and placed your cat down, making sure to hold the leash close to you. You didn't want him to go too close to the edge. 

"That was horrible."

"Well good news! We can take the lift down" 

His jaw dropped a bit, a bit of anger in his eyes. 

"There's an elevator? You made me climb those stairs when there was a lift we could have taken?" 

"Oh, that's just cheating! Ruins the whole experience!" 

"For fuck's sake (Y/N)."

You shrugged it off and walked around the second floor, taking pictures of the view. You snapped a few of Graves when he wasn't looking, his expressions one you wish you could keep forever. The lights were perfect for what you planned to do, the velvet box waiting patiently in your pocket.  

"Sweetie, come here" 

You gave Rocks to him, pointing to the railing. He walked over with the cat in his arms, a confused look on his face. 

"Smile boys!" 

You stuck your tongue out, getting a slight smile out of Graves. You snapped the photo and ran over to him, showing him the photo. 

"Aren't you both just the cutest! Here, I need to use the restroom." 

You pat his back and went to find someone who was willing to snap a photo for you. You finally found an older lady who was ecstatic to be able to take the photos for you. You guided her over to where Graves was, his back turned. He looked out over the city, cradling the cat in his arms. 

"Thank you"

You whispered to the lady, taking the box out of your pocket and walking up behind the man. Your heart was racing, you have known this man for 3 years and you always dreamed of him proposing to you but he was taking too long to do it so you took matters into your own hands. 

You got down on one knee, clearing your throat loud enough so he would turn around. He looked back and then down at you, a confused look on his face. You smiled and opened the velvet box, the simple ring now in his view. 

"I know I just tortured you with this climb but I thought It would give me the perfect spot to tell you how much I love you. You make me the happiest every day I wake up next to you. I was waiting for you to do this but you're taking too long...Will you marry me?" 

He looked at you in disbelief, you could tell he was shocked that you were proposing to him. 

"Honey, you're actually doing this?"

He looked away from you, his face holding a red tint to it.

"Of course I am! Just answer the question already!" 

You giggled, standing up and turning his face to you, he had tears swelling in his eyes a slight nod was all you got. 

"Is that a yes?"

"Obviously. I'll marry you"

You smiled and cupped his face in your hands, placing kisses all over his face. His quiet giggles made you so happy, finally, you got the thing you wanted so badly. You took the ring out of the box and placed it on his finger, it fit perfectly. (Size checked him in his sleep) 

You took Rocks from Graves and walked back over to the lady, thanking her profusely for taking the photos for you. 

"So you brought me up here just to propose to me?"

You nodded and took ahold of his hand, walking to the stairs again. 

"Of course, now I can finally call you my fiancé" 

He stopped dead in his tracks, pulling his hand away from yours. 

"I'm not doing that hell brought staircase again."

.

.

.

"Fine, we will take the lift back down...Old man."

.

.

.

"Rude ass."