In worlds apart (Price)

"You can't just call it off? For just another week? They can't get anyone else to do it?"

He gripped onto your wrist, keeping you from opening the car door. You could see the sorrow in his eyes, he didn't want you to leave for this deployment to Russia.

"It's only till December, I'll be back home then. I'll write to you every week. For as long as I can."

"Yeah but December is in a whole 7 months. Are you sure you can't just stay, they can find someone else to do this."

"Price, they need an intelligence officer. I'm on top so they want me there."

"Someone can do the same job."

You pulled your arm away and opened the car door, looking back at him before getting out and taking your bags out of the truck.

"I'll see you in 7 months."

"Bye...I love you, (Y/N)."

You were too far from the car to hear him tell you those three little words.

.

.

.

"Yeah yeah, I know. I'm sorry for not calling you that much, I have been caught up in all this work. The lines aren't that secure out here so that's also another reason. You've been in a situation like this before so you understand."

"I do. Just ...stay safe for me. Please?"

"I will, no need to worry about me, I'm not exactly on the field. Less danger to me"

"Doesn't matter, I would hate to lose you.'

"I know, you tell me in every letter you send. I got to go, talk to you soon. Love ya"

"Love you too."

.

.

.

"Did you guys call for back up?"

You called through the intercom, there was an alert of a group of people walking through the base. Coming from the front entrance. You didn't think much of it because it was the middle of the day.

"Check with the General. He orders backup teams."

"He isn't in right now, I can't reach him. Can you just go check who it is."

You tried to flip to the cameras closest to the alert. Down. No connection.

"Fix the cameras while you're at it too."

"Copy that."

.

You sipped on your coffee as you worked on getting the cameras back up, looking for any fault in their system. This happened before, a few cameras would go out but you would get them back up and working in just a few minutes, this time it was taking longer then just a few minutes.

"Damnit. One of those rookies must have fucked with them."

You got up from your chair and walked out of your office. A stickey not with the cameras locations that needed to be fixed, your cup of coffee in the other.

Right wing. 4A.

You made the long walk to the camera, all of the halls were some what empty the closer you got. They must have had to go somewhere without telling you. What a shame, you could have been som-

A wet cloth covered your nose and mouth, another hand gripping your neck. Found the problem. You struggled against the force, you knew what would happen if you inhaled what was on that cloth, you had to hold your breath for as long as possible. Get out of their grip.

You dug your nails into their wrist, trying to pull their hand away from your neck. I need to breathe.

You inhaled, once.. twice...three time, and that's all it took for you to get dizzy. More of the chemicals inhaled after you lost control.

.

.

.

"She's a good one too, the rest of the useless ones. Get rid of them, they can't work for us."

"Once these ones are well, put them to work. Us force, whatever you need to do to get them to work"

"Patch up the security, no more American raids. Not like last time. Make sure no one can breach security."

"None of them leave. Understand me?"