Absence (Price)

Warm

The bright summer rays hit your face making you squint, placing your cup of tea down you grabbed your sun hat off of the loveseat on your front porch. Memories flooded back to you as soon as the hat touched your head, you wanted to cry but it wasn't the time for that. You had done enough crying over the year and a half now that your lover hadn't returned home to you. You were sure he was dead by now since there was zero contact. 

You stepped off the porch and into your little flower garden, looking down at them as tears began to gather in your eyes and drop down onto the soft petals below you. It seemed like there was very little to keep you going these days. Hard to get up and out of bed, go to work, and even come home to the house he use to reside in. The house where all of his stuff lay untouched for what seemed like forever.  

"Mamma?"

You were snapped out of your daze by the soft voice and the tugging of your shirt. You looked down and smiled, you loved when your child would come and find you every time you cried. It was like she knew you needed her sweet little face to lighten up the mood. "Yes?" You dried off your face, crouching down so you both were eye to eye. "Mister Ray told me to tell you that there's someone coming over here soon." She waved in the direction of the neighbor's house. 

You always let her go over and play with Ray's daughter, they were both around the same age. 

"Oh? Alright, tell him I said thank you" You ruffled the girl's brown hair, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Okay!" she giggled, running back over to where her friend waited. 

Who?

.

.

.

You sat on the couch just watching shitty reality tv, the minutes being wasted away. It was getting darker and you didn't want your kid outside anymore. You both resided in the living room, her head in your lap sound asleep but you on the other hand. Thought about what you were going to do the next morning, how you would fill your day up so you didn't have any time to think. Free time always brought thinking and thinking would always lead you back to him. 

Him. How you wished everything would go back to normal, you hated how carefree your child was, she never seemed to mind her father being gone. There would be some days that she would ask where he was and you always gave the same answer I don't know love. And it was true, you didn't know. He never told you where he was going, just how long he would be gone.

"5 months dear, I'll be home then"

Where was he now, it was a year and a half since you last saw him. He missed 2 of his baby's birthdays...sending her to school and seeing her make new friends. Seeing her play sports at school-

*Ring*

The sound of the doorbell shook you from your thoughts, moving your child's head off of your lap. You got up and walked to the door opening it slightly and looking to see who was at your door. "Hel-" you stared at the person's face for a good minute, it was like a cruel joke. It couldn't be true. 

"Hi, honey." Price smiled a bouquet of roses in his hands. 

You slammed the door shut on him, tears clouding your eyes again, fat drops flowing down your face and onto your shirt. You were ugly crying, you didn't care anymore if he heard you. It was just so cruel to you. 

"(Y/N), sweetheart." He opened the door, stepping in and watching you wipe your face of your tears. You shook your head and walked away from the man, not even wanting to see his face at the moment. You tried to calm your crying as you picked up your child, went into her room, and placed her in bed, ignoring the man who followed you. "She grew up so much from when I saw her last" He leaned in the doorway, looking at the sleeping child with a light smile on his face 

You turned around, looking at the man who you so adored. The same man who left a year ago and who you had no contact with. The man who showed up out of nowhere, seaming as if nothing happened.

 You stepped over to him, hugging him tightly. 

So tight as if when you let go you'd wake up from the dream without him like every night. 

"I missed you so much...Don't leave me again. Please" 

"I'll try my best. I can not promise it"