Don't speak to me like that.(Soap)

"Get them out there, need to know more about what's happening on the ground. Don't even try to stall it, this is an order. Do you hear me."

You clicked the phone back down, not even wanting to hear the other person's answer. You knew they couldn't argue with you much because of your high rank.

Colonel.

You grabbed a few files out of your desk, flipping through them and looking through them for any kind of information you could use to piece together a solid answer.

All of that useless information in those papers, nothing if used for you currently. It was stressing you out so much. Why couldn't they do their job so you could do yours.

.

.

.

There was a soft knock on your door, you shut the folder and got up, opening the door.

"Colonel, you busy right now?"

Soap smiled, one of his iconic smiles, the bright and goofy kind.

"Yes, what do you need?"

"Aye, no need to get all moody. I just wanted to know if you wanted to get some food after work?"

You tilted your head slightly, thinking about how to answer this.

"Are you paying for my food?"

He nodded

"Alright, I'll go."

He patted your arm, walking away from your door.

"I'll make it worth your time!"

You rolled your eyes and shut your door, getting back to work. The way he touched you made you feel a bit disrespected, like you were at his level.

"I'm not your friend, MacTavish."

.

.

.

You had stopped by your home to change into a more comfortable set of clothing, and you didn't want to go out into public in your uniform.

A hoodie and a pair of leggings, that's what you picked, both black with very little decal.

It only took you about 10 minute to get to the small restaurant Soap had told you to meet at. It was a small sushi restaurant, maybe not your top food choice but it would do, maybe just some miso soup would hold you over if nothing was right.

You stepped off your motorcycle, pushing your keys into your pocket.

"Colonel, over here!"

You snapped your head towards the voice, a bit agitated by the use of your rank while you weren't in uniform.

You walked over to him and sighed, walking into the restaurant, beging seated before you said anything else.

"Don't call me that when I'm not in uniform. It's (Y/N), okay?"

You mumbled, looking down at the menu that the waiter had set down.

.

.

.

"Yeah, I've been working on that. You and your team need to hurry up and get out there. I believe that they haven't moved."

"We're working on it, trust me."

"I don't need to trust you, I just need you to do."

.

.

.

"Can I be honest with you here, (Y/N)?"

You nodded, popping another piece of sushi into your mouth.

"I know you're a busy person and all that..but I was wondering if you would ever think of me in a romantic way?"

He wasn't even looking at you when he said that, his words stunned you, did he really know who he was talking to right now?

You picked up your cup of green tea, washing everything down, your face was stone cold. You didn't know how to feel right now.

"MacTavish, please, tell me who you're talking to."

He looked back at you, he was trying to look for any comforting emotions in your face, but there was none he could find. It was almost like looking for joy in Ghost's eyes. Nonexistent.

"Uh- I'm sorry?"

You stood up from your seat, taking your wallet out of you pocket and placing a 50 on the table.

"Who do you think you're talking to? Am I one of your friends?"

He looked up at you, not knowing how to answer your questions.

"Since you're at a loss for words, let me try and get this across to you. I'm not someone you can just swoon easily. You might be very handsome but that isn't enough to catch me, in anyway. I am extremely disappointed in you for even thinking...that inviting me to dinner would be a good time to..."

You motioned at the table, trying to think of what else to say about it.

"Confess to me. MacTavish, I am your superior, nothing more, nothing less. Never bring your feelings into my work space ever again. I'm your Colonel, do you understand?"

Soap nodded, his hand in his lap, picking at his nails.

You held your hand out to him, waiting for him to shake your hand.

He did.

"Don't hate me, we're still on the same side, coworkers."

You walked out of the restaurant, putting on your helmet, sitting on your motorcycle for a few minutes, trying to just clear your mind of what you just said to him.

You started up your bike, driving back home.

Were you too harsh on him?