n i n e t e e n

Y/n

"What happened to Namjoon?" I barge into Jungkook's room, the door of his bathroom is wide open and without a second thought, I dash in.

Only to find Jungkook naked under the shower and blood-red foam pooling at his feet before disappearing into the drain.

A sob rips out of me, immediately.

This morning, Maria and I were so excited that we planted new plants in the garden. We spent the morning ordering baby clothes for a baby girl. I'd never seen her so happy and she cried after being overwhelmed.

We then took a nice evening swim in the pool at the back of the Central Mansion, Maria said floating makes her feel weightless.

Just as we returned from the pool to the inside, we saw an injured Namjoon rushing upstairs. Maybe he didn't want Maria to catch his sight. His arm was bleeding and there were more blood stains on his clothes.

Maria gasped in shock, rushed to him and almost fainted but Joon got hold of her. "Joonie?" She held him with shaky hands and tears spilt down her cheeks.

Panic filled me when the thought of Jungkook crossed my mind. They left together this morning, and my heart beats in trepidation.

So I ran.

I ran from the Central Mansion to our Mansion, barefoot on the concrete and gravel pavement wearing a bikini with an unbuttoned shirt dress, only to find blood all over his skin.

"Angel!" His eyes soften upon seeing me.

I step inside the shower. I ignore the water pouring down on me and grab his arm, "Where are you hurt?"

My eyes roam over his body for injuries and tears stream down my cheeks mixed with the shower water flowing down on me.

"I'm not hurt, Angel." He steadied me by holding my shoulders.

"Don't lie to me!" Red soapy foam pools at our feet.

Memories woosh into me from the past.
Memories of my mother washing her blood away and sometimes mine too. The sight of red blood diluted with water flowing into the sink. A sight I've seen and been through very often.

The pain, the bruises. All of them would take weeks to heal but they'd leave emotional scars.

My breath shortens, I feel like Jungkook is in pain and before he gets scared, I have to clean his cuts. So I take the loofah and start washing the blood off.

Jungkook

She is trembling. Her hands are shaking. If I release my grip on her shoulders, she'll probably fall to the floor.

The way she scrubs me hurriedly in panic, mumbling incoherent words, shows me a new side of her.

"It's okay. You'll be fine." She cleans the blood by rubbing harder with her palms. "It's okay, Y/n. Mama will clean it up and the fairy will heal it off." Her brows scrunch as she focuses on my chest.

Fck. She's shutting down on me. Again. "Y/n?"

"Shh. Don't cry, the blood will be gone. I'll wash it off you." Tears fell from her eyes.

Her words stun me into silence. She is having flashbacks and I fcking don't know how to get her out of it.

"Angel..."

"No," she cuts me off, "There's blood all over you," she cries and squirts more shower gel and rubs it on me. "I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry..."