f i f t y - t w o

Y/n

We are sitting on the deck, watching the sunrise. The sky is in hues of pink, peeking behind the clouds. Jungkook is hugging me from behind.

He woke me up from sleep early so that we can watch this perfect sunrise and I’m glad we didn’t miss it after fucking each other like animals last night.

“I’m hungry,” he growls like a panther, and it is my favorite sound in the world.

“Me too. Please call for breakfast.”

Jungkook makes a few calls as we watch the sunrise. Though the sun is out, the morning sea breeze is very chilly. “Can you please get me a shirt from inside?”

“I was going to,” he stands up, “I don’t want other men to see you in this.” he gestures at my lingerie and I laugh.

After putting decent clothes on, Jungkook and I have the best french breakfast, croissants with hot chocolate. My taste buds are dancing with this blessing.

“What do you want to do today, birthday girl?” he asks, sipping his coffee.

“Anything. As long as I am with you.”

He smiles. Beautiful. “Let’s swim in the sea.”

“What?” I’m horrified.

“Jungkook, there could be sharks in there.”

“There are no sharks in these shallow waters.”

“You call it shallow? Please tell me you are joking.”

He stares at me. Deadpan.

I shift in my seat uncomfortably. “Kook, I don’t think I can swim in such deep water.”

“We’ll get you a life jacket.” he cuts into his omelet and talks so casually as if it’s a daily occurrence.

Half an hour later.
I’m wearing a life jacket over my single-piece lime bikini.
Standing on the edge of the deck, staring at the sea, searching for deadly creatures.

My heart is thrumming with fear.

“Kook,” I whine.

He laughs and lifts me and throws me into the sea. I scream and drown deep inside. Thankfully, the life jacket pulls me up to the surface, and I choke into a coughing fit.

Jungkook laughs, he shrugs off his shirt and jumps into the sea. I flap my arms and legs scared of drowning but he emerges from the water, swims towards me swiftly, and grabs my waist.

“As long as I am here, there’s nothing to be scared about.”

I gasp for air and look into his gleaming eyes. They twinkle under the sunlight, he brushes his wet hair back and looks godly. Sexy. breathtaking.

“I hate you,” I whine.

“You don’t even mean it.” he laughs, “Enjoy the water babe.”

I try to calm my heart down and it is not at all helping. Jungkook grabs me tightly, “Breath.” he whispers, and he rubs gentle circles on my waist.

I hold him tightly, clutching his biceps.

“Do you trust me?”

I close my eyes searching for an answer. “With my life.”

He smiles in satisfaction. “Then let go of everything in this sea. All your demons, all your worries. Shed them off, angel.”

I take a deep breath. My mind wanders to the darkest places of my life, I hug Jungkook closer and in a snap of the moment, I feel the weight lifted off my shoulders. I’m floating and my demons are drowning down into the sea.