f o r t y - f i v e

Jungkook

We arrived at Luca Vitale's beach house in Tuscany. Luca has been our ally and partner in arms trading and other economic affairs for a decade now. He is the capo of Tuscany and a very influential person who would be of great help at the moment and he has been kind enough to offer us his beach house.

Two reasons why I didn't book a hotel for us.

First, the security concerns, obviously, and second, I wanted a serene getaway for my Angel so that she can truly relax, unwind and connect with herself on a deeper level. My Angel is yet to live her life.

Y/n hops off the SUV before I can open the door for her. "Careful there," I yell but she dismisses me and saunters along the driveway.

I get out of the car and walk to her. My Angel. She is squealing in excitement, "Is this place even real?"

Indeed. This is a cozy two-story beach house, made of boulder rocks, with a balcony on the top floor, a pool, and a hot tub behind the house.

She is plopping up and down the front porch with uncontainable happiness. "The smell of salt in the air, oh I love this place!"

I lean my back against the hood of the car, cross my arms over my chest and watch her bursting with happiness. She takes a walk around the front garden which has a fountain, and the sound of waves crashing the coast grabs her attention. The east side of the house is open to the beach.

She squeals and runs to me, "Jungkook, can we go to the beach?" Her eyes pleading and sparkling as if she has never once seen a beach.

"Of course," I don't even complete my sentence and she tugs my arms to drag me over there but I pull her back, "Not right now. We can go after lunch."

"But Jungkook…" She pauses when more SUVs enter the driveway. With fear coating her eyes, she tentatively shifts behind me.

I keep quiet and she clutches the back of my shirt tightly. "Jungkook…"

"Shh."

Men in black suits get out of the cars unloading huge wooden boxes, they greet me with a nod and carry the boxes inside the small warehouse beside the house.

"Who are they?" She whispers behind me, hugging me like a panda.

I smile internally because I know that in one minute she is going to throw tantrums and curse me for messing up with her vacation.

When Fox and Wolf arrive in the driveway, I peek behind my shoulder and find her eyes wide in disbelief. She lets go of me immediately, realization dawning on her, and she scoffs. "Of course, I should have known better. Who am I even kidding?"

She gives me a pointy glare and averts her attention to my men. This time, not eight but all twelve of them. I smirk in pride.

"Panther," Fox and Wolf bow to me and I nod back.

"Lovely to see you here, mam." Fox greets her with a polite smile.

Y/n grits her teeth in anger, "I am afraid I can't say the same about you." She throws him a fake smile and glares at me.

Fox is well aware of her tantrums so he smiles back and Wolf smirks knowingly. I  dismiss them with a wave and get ready to face my wife. "Angel…"

"Don't even try Jungkook," she storms off to the trunk of the car and tries to unload her baggage.

"I'll do it for you, Mrs Jeon." One of my men says in a stern voice.

She puts her fists on her hips and glares at me, then at him. "Of course, you would." With that, she storms off into the house.