Jonathan POV

"All my life, been grindin' all my lifeSacrificed, hustle paid the priceWant a slice? Got to roll the diceThat's why, all my life, I been grindin' all my lifeLook, all my life, been grindin' all my life (yeah)Sacrificed, hustle paid the price (who...

Sacrificed, hustle paid the price
Want a slice? Got to roll the dice
That's why, all my life, I been grindin' all my life
Look, all my life, been grindin' all my life (yeah)
Sacrificed, hustle paid the price (whoa)
Want a slice? Got to roll the dice
That's why, all my life, I been grindin' all my life"
I started out at the beach doing my morning workout. Listening to Nipsey.

(Phone vibrates) "He knows about us. We broke up. I'm sorry about everything. Take care Jonathan."

"Damn" I didn't want them to break up. I know she's hurt. Hell I'm hurt. But Michael should know that she's a good girl.

"Listen I'll talk to him y/n. My intentions are not for y'all to be hurt."

I picked up the phone to call Mike. It goes straight to voicemail. "Hey bro! Listen, Y/n told me y'all talked. Im sorry bro. I know your mad man, but you have to believe her. She was in a dilemma man. I didn't know. If I did I would have told you. She loves you man. I know it. Because she closed the chapter on us because she wants you bro. And I respect it. Call me back man. Let's get up."

Throwback:
"Jonathan where are we going?" I pulled y/n arm through the vineyard. "Shhhh just hold my hand I got you. And don't take that blind fold off." Today was the day. Y/n and I have been together since high school and today was the day I was going to ask her to be my wife. "Alright, stand right there." It was our anniversary and I had got all our friends together to join us by the lake. Everyone put their cameras up. I held my hand up trying to get everyone to be quiet. "Baby! What is going on. Where are you." I stood behind her and knelt down. "Okay" taking a deep breath. "Take the blindfold off." She removed the blindfold and saw our friends and family standing there. "Happy birthday!!!l" y/n covered her face. "Oh my God!!!! Hiiii." She started waving. Then realized I wasn't in the crowd. "Where is Jonathan?" Bri pointed for y/n to look behind her. My heart raced I could hear it in my ears. My girl turned around and looked down. She jumped backwards. "Jonathan." Placing her hands over her mouth. "What are you doing." She started crying. "Baby," I took a breath as I looked into her eyes. "We've been doing life together for a long time. You've been there in difficult times and I can't see me going into the rest of this life without you. Will you do me the honors of becoming y/n Majors?" I watched my queen and she started crying and shouting yes. Her dad brought over flowers to give you her. "I love you so much baby. I can't wait to be your wife."

(Phone ringing) "Mike what up man?" Michael was silent for a few sections before speaking. "Listen man, y/n told me that she told you." Michael sighed.

MBJ : "Bro! Im cool man. I don't want you to think I fault you. So I called you back."

Jonathan: "Mike, she also told me you left her."

MBJ: "Bro she played me. She knew and said nothing. "

Jonathan: "But would the outcome have changed if she told you from the beginning?"

MBJ: "Listen I'm not about to be with someone whose been with my brother."

Jonathan: "listen to you man! You sound ridiculous. Y/n and I haven't been together in years."

MBJ: "Ridiculous?? So you didn't come back for her last year?"

Jonathan: : "Mike, she doesn't want me."

MBJ: "But do you want her?"

The phone got silent.

Jonathan: "She's my first love Mike. I'll always love her. But we're not in love."

MBJ: "Be honest bro. Did y'all have sex last year?"

Jonathan: "Mike, Y/n and I are done. We've been done for a long time. I came back to see if there was something. She closed that door. Which made me close the door. She loves you man. And I love you bro. I want what's best for her. And if it's not going to be me, then bro I respect you enough to not get in the way. I chose my career and in that loss her. Don't loose her Mike. She's a good one."

MBJ: (laughing) "So you said all that shit to avoid my question? Listen bro, she had a several chances to tell me. I can't trust her."

Jonathan: "Bro, just make sure this is the right decision. If you were in her position, would you tell her that you were engaged to her friend but already fell in love with her once you found out that your ex and her are like best friends? Think about it bro. She was in a hard position. Doesn't make it right, but it's a hard position.

MBJ: "How are you not mad?"

Jonathan: "What makes you think I'm not?" Mike, I'm mad at her and myself. She doesn't owe me anything. I left bro. I left her! I don't deserve to come back and swoop in. It's on you bro. No hate, no jealousy, is it weird.... Yeah a little, a lot.... But only because we know what we know. But the woman I was with is not that woman anymore. She's better, you got a better version Mike." Don't fuck this up over ego."

MBJ: (taking a moment to think) "Bro, you're a better man than me. Listen I respect all you just said. I don't think I can look at her the same."

Jonathan: "Love is about forgiveness. If you really love her, you can be the man she needs."

MBJ: "Hey I got to go. Listen let's get up shoot some hoops so I can bust those knee caps"

Jonathan: (laughing) "Bruh, get off my phone you sound crazy now. I love you man."

MBJ: "Respect, love you bro."

I'm really closing a chapter on the love of my life. To be with someone else. My newly found brother at that. I opened my text, "Hey, I just talked to Michael. he'll come around y/n. This is a lot to digest."

I'll always love her and be there for her. But I have to let her go.