chapter 9

It had been almost three days since Amora had taken Aria. She had been slowly stealing all her memories. And it was taking its toll on them both. Aria had finally eaten something, but only because she was still hopeful that they would find her and rescue her.

On the third day, Amora had left the house, having left Aria chained up, feeling exhausted and in doubt of being found. Aria sat there thinking back to what Athena ad said at the party. Wondering why Loki chose to lie to her. He had a lot to explain after this.

Did he feel like he had something to prove?

Thinking he had caused this, so he alone had to fix it?

Aria took a deep breath, thinking about the memories Amora had uncovered so far. She had got to the point of where Aria had left Asgard, was living here on Midgard. They had relived Villi and Sif.

Amora was a little surprised by it all.

She was even impressed with Arias relationship with Steve Rogers. Asking her why she didn't just stay with him.

It was clearly not what Amora wanted to hear, but Aria was saying it anyway. That her and Loki were soulmates and even though she tried to forget him, they still found there way back to each other.

Amora lost her temper, beat Aria up, before telling her she was going to regret saying it. Then she stormed out.

Aria felt her hatred as she hit her. Glad when she left, taking that feeling with her. Leaving Aria feeling nothing but pain.

Amora couldnt believe what Aria said. She almost laughed at the thought.

Soulmates.

When she felt the pain of her heart breaking again.

Her first intention had been to go out there and hurt someone Aria had been close to.

Like Steve Rogers.

But as she walked, she thought of the perfect way to get her revenge. Amora would be Aria, she would strike up a relationship with Steve. Break Aria and Loki up that way.

The spell should break through that way.

Amora found herself outside Stark Tower. She changed her appearance, made herself look like she had been badly beaten up. The waited for the perfect moment.

It had to be here, because going back to the compound would be too obvious.

Happy had gone inside to collect Pepper, she had a meeting over in Washington DC later, he was taking her over to the airport, when someone called over to Pepper from the desk.

"I'll wait at the car" Happy replied, pushing open the door and stepping outside.

Happy saw the woman staggering towards him, mumbling his name, then collapsed at his feet. He dropped down to help her, turning her over, finding he was looking at Aria. And she was badly beaten up.

"Oh my God. Aria" He whispered. "Just hold on. Ill call an ambulance"

Happy pulled out his cell phone, calling the paramedics, sitting on the ground, checking for a pulse, that she was breathing, and trying to keep her conscious, while he then fumbled with the phone and called Tony.

Tony was in the lab with Bruce, working on a way to possibly track Aria, by her magic. When his cell phone started ringing. He pulled it from his pocket, seeing it was Happy.

"Hey" Tony answered.

"Tony, we've got Aria. Shes on her way to hospital. But shes in a bad way"

"What?" Tony asked, not believing what he was hearing.