chapter 16

Arias feet touched the ground, she looked up from her crouched position, finding it wasnt her father standing there. He smiled at her, about to welcome her.

"Lady Aria"

She held up her hand, telling him to save his speech, then stormed out of the dome. She paused on the bridge, looking over at the palace in the distance. She then whistled out loud, and waited.

It wasnt long before Aria saw the large wing span of her white horse, soaring through the sky towards her.

She landed in front of Aria, who quickly petted her nose, before climbing up onto her back. Then taking to the sky.

Normally, Aria would have landed in the courtyard, then walk up into the palace, but she was desperate and angry. The horse flew up into the palace, into the throne room.

The room was empty.

"Stay here" Aria told the horse, then walked out the room, heading to the chambers next door.

Aria threw open the chambers doors, finding them all inside, sitting around the council table. Five men sat on either side of the large rectangular table, with Odin seated at the head. He was about to bark for his guards, when he realised it was Aria.

"Aria, what a pleasant surprise" He smiled.

"Is this the council meeting, discussing the arrangements of MY daughters so called arranged marriage?" Aria growled, as she walked over to the table.

Stopping at the other end.

Odin slowly rose up from his large chair.

He was outraged.

"Did I say you can get up old man?" Aria sneered, waving her hand and making him sit back down.

He looked worried.

Aria looked at the faces she recognised.

"We dont need everyone else here. Do we?"

Her eyes turned purple as she picked every person up, and threw out the council chambers. Closing and locking the doors behind them.

Aria turned back to face Odin, still sat on the chair.

"Did you think you could arrange a marriage, not tell me, and assume I would be okay with it all?"

"I discussed it with her father" Odin stated.

"I AM HER MOTHER"

Odin sighed.

"I have the right to know what goes on with my children. And you dont get to make those choices. They do not belong to you" Aria slowly walked around. "They are not your property"

"It doesnt work like that"

She looked up at him, fiercely.

"They are not from Asgard. You are not there king. And you can change those customs"

"Its not that simple"

Aria almost lost control. Causing all the chairs around the table to shatter.

"Make it. Simple" She growled.

"Laws cannot be changed. Aria, this is how it is"

Aria walked back to the table, opposite him, slamming her hands on it. She was holding on to the smallest piece of control she had left. So she didnt crush Odin with her anger.

"If it means going to war with you Odin. Dont think that I wont. My daughter will choose her own destiny. Her own husband. Not some dried up, old crow you think fit"