Chapter 8

Win dropped by Sunshine Cafe a week later in the night around 10:30 PM with his best friend Krist after his shift. He looked fairly tired as he walk towards Bright who was just passing by after serving customer order. Win wave his hand muttering softly "Hi" with a sweet smile. But to his disappoinment Bright just gave him a small nod and walk away without responding back. Bright sighed and quietly slipped behind the cash counter. He asked Singto if he could attend the boys again. Bright was still struggling with his morning sickness and also had a headache since morning.  He wasn't up to have a civil conversation with Win tonight specially when the boy look so tired and worn out after his exams and work. Singto smile and happily went over to boys table. He shoot a radiant smile and Win gave a forced grin in response. After few minutes Bright make himself busy at the counter but he vaguely heard Win talking to Singto and Krist about test scores. Bright understood Win must have come after taking a rather hefty  exams. It only reminded Bright even more that Win's priorities were spread all over the place currently. It wasn't good for the young boy to spend time in a Cafe at this hour when he needed to be sleeping and resting at his home.

Time to time Win was staring at Bright direction nervously like he wanted to talk but also doesn't wanted to disturb him during working hours. Bright was feeling a little guilty for ignoring Win off like that. He also knew that soon he has to be more accepting of Win as they need to start talking about the pregnancy more while going to appointments together. Singto words kept on repeating in his mind since last week that how much he was going to need Win's support in future and he needed to be on a good terms with him atleast for their baby sake. But he just couldn't seem to bring himself to accept that fact that Win has to be that person he'd need in his life to depend on. He would blame his hesitance to be with someone younger than him, work till exhaustion and pregnancy hormones, his morning sickness for now. Win sighed while staring longingly at Bright. Singto and Krist were talking with each other. Krist had taken quite a liking to Singto and kept asking Win if he could tag along every time he went to see Bright. It also gave Win an excuse not to come alone and bear being ignored by Bright, but seeing Singto getting along so well with his best friend made him feel jealous to some extent. One of the reason Win felt more miserable because Bright never replied to his text message even for once. And now he doesn't know from where he should begun breaking down Bright's wall. He had put up with Bright's behavior since he find out that he's going to be a Father. He really doesn't know how to prove Bright or change his opinions about him, which were completely wrong. Win didn't want to push Bright, but how could he interact with him without appearing before him?.

Singto suddenly question "You ok? Win". Win suddenly jumped on his seat shifting his gaze quickly from Bright to Singto answering "Yeah, I'm fine...". Krist muttered under his breath "No he's not". Win glared at his best friend, mentally shouting at him to shut up. Singto softly said "You can talk to me... you know Bright told me what's going on and Mew and I are both helping him out at work. This whole situation concerns both of us as well". Win suddenly apologize as he felt bad for causing trouble "I'm sorry". He look down at his table as he felt tears gathering in his eyes as he ask feeling guilty "I'm causing you trouble as well". Singto quickly ghasp grabbing Win hand responding "No, absolutely no. That's not what I meant! I'm not trying to accuse you of anything. I'm just saying that we all want to look out for Bright, so if you need to say something or need advice, you can come to me. You know... You're like a younger brother to me". Win breath out heavily with slight smile "Thanks". Singto stared "You keep staring at Bright, but You could always try and approach to him to talk". Win shake his head dejectedly answering "That will just make him more mad. He obviously doesn't want to talk to me and I'm trying to make him not hate me...so I'll just check up on him quickly and leave from now on".

Singto explain "Bright is not easy to deal with sometimes. He's stubborn and extremely independent. It's going to take him some time to come to terms with everything". Win asked in hopeful voice "Do you think there's a chance in the world that we can at least get along?". Singto sighed and glanced over at Bright who was in the middle of processing a payment while smiling widely making a small talk with a man who is one of the regular customer and happened to like Bright alot for some reason. Sing answered "It's going to take some time, but you can't push him too hard to accept you. And I'm sure there's a chance for you to be together with him". Win followed Singto line of sight and grimaced when he saw the man was flirting while Bright cheeks were painted in complete red for some reason. Win understand it was part of Bright's job to smile and be polite but letting someone flirt with him made Win mood sour. That was how they'd both gotten in this situation in the first place was the truth infact. It still hurt to be completely disregarded though. Win felt really tired of feeling ignored and unwelcome. If Bright wasn't going to accept him any time soon then he doesn't see a point of forcing himself to stay there and watch everyone else talk to Bright except for him.