Chapter Twenty

20

Zac- umm, how you been?

Fatima- I've been okay, wby?

Zac- I've been fine.. what are you doing here?

Fatima- I'm here for my weekly session with Dr. Williams.

Zac- session? Wait you going to therapy T?

Fatima nods her head.

Zac- that's wassup, I'm proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to make that first step.

She offered him a gentle smile, and he couldn't help but feel the butterflies in his stomach.

The two just stood in awkward silence for a min before Zac spoke.

Zac- well I gotta get going, it was good to see you.

As Zac started walking off, Fatima grabbed his arm.

Fatima- can we talk?

Zac- uhh I really gotta get going Fatima.

Fatima- Zac, hear  me out. I just want to talk. It can be whenever.. I'm on your time. I need to talk to you.

Zac- Fatima I don't know about that fr.

Fatima- *looking into his eyes* please Zac..

Zac- alright, I'll come by later after I leave the office.

Fatima- I can come to you.

Zac- no, you can't. It'll be late and I'll be damned if you have to drive back at those hours of the night.

Fatima- you got it. I have to get going though, or ima be late.

Zac- go ahead. I'll see you later.

Fatima- ok.

Fatima then headed to the 3rd floor for her appointment with Dr. Williams. Just as she was headed to his office, he was coming out with another client. She waited until he was finished with his goodbyes before she spoke.

Fatima- hey Doc.

Dr. Williams- Fatima!! How are you?

Fatima- I'm okay.

Dr. Williams- come on, let's chat.

They walked into his office, and Fatima sat down on the couch. It wasn't long before she was crying. He handed her some Kleenex, and took out his notepad. After he took his seat, he focused all his attention on her.

Dr Williams- ready when you are.

Fatima- I'm all over the place. I don't know what to feel. *she takes a deep breath* I saw him as I was making my way up here. I couldn't even look him in his eyes at first, and when I did I could tell how bad I hurt him. I miss him so much. I love him with all of my heart, but he doesn't deserve this. This pain, the drama, or the back and forth. I just...

Dr Williams- you what Fatima?

Fatima- I don't know if he'll take me back after this. No matter the effort I will put in. I just don't think it'll work this time.

Dr Williams- alright before we dive into this subject I wana make sure that you are good in all the other aspects of your life. How's school going? And you told me you were searching for your place.

Fatima- those aspects of my life are going great. I'm still maintaining my 4.0. I've narrowed the apartment search down to 3 places now. I'm excited about the next step in my life.

Dr Williams- that's great! I'm so proud of you! On another note.. are you still having the nightmares?

Fatima- sometimes yeah. I know that they are only dreams though, and he can't hurt me anymore.