Chapter 10

"Don't ask me how, that's off topic. Don't deny either," she said, holding her phone out to Harper.

"What is going on?" asks Tilly before approaching, along with Cameron and Uma to watch the video.

"Is it in your school?" asks Cameron looking at Harper and Clara-Rose.

"It's subtle," smiles Uma, "finely thought out.

— Don't congratulate him, please," said Bethany, glaring at her. "I want clear and concise explanations.

— Well..." begins Clara-Rose.

— CR! I want an explanation from the mockingbird. We'll see about your version later."

Harper explains, honestly, especially not lying to his mother. The explanations convince her, and while she's not proud of the fact that he fought, she's proud of the way he protected Clara-Rose, while being smart enough to foil the videos with a mask and a t-shirt bearing his name. If the police were to be involved, he would have nothing to reproach himself for.

"We're still going to check that this big jerk doesn't have a concussion. Someone's gonna have to check, but it can't be us. Someone from your school.

— I have a sucker," smiled Harper, pulling out his phone. "Hi, Tom, it's me. Could you do something for me? Great, listen..."

Picking up his bag and putting his things away, he manages to touch Clara-Rose's fingers as Bethany pushes him home.

"Bethany, wait, I need to talk to you," stops her Tilly as she catches up, as Harper crosses the street and heads home. "I...uh...how to say, surprised CR and Harper earlier and both seemed to like each other's tonsils, if you know what I mean.

— Oh, oh! Yes, I know, they took the plunge," smiles Bethany. "These two have been itching for a while.

— It's true," smiled Tilly. "I can confirm that it has already gone further, it's recent, this Saturday probably, their outing together. Caity must have covered them.

— Our babies have grown, Tilly," she said, hugging her. "How do you envision this relationship?

— I support them, I approve.

— Right. It's a nice continuity to our story, I think.

— Indeed, Bethany. Coincidence makes it for our twenty years together. Good evening, don't be too hard on Harper, he protected Clara-Rose while being smart enough not to be recognized, knowing that it was him.

— It's Kara who will not appreciate it, I'm proud of him. See you later," she said as she walked away to go home.

Harper was waiting in the living room for Bethany to come in to find out his punishment.

"You will come straight home after school for a month. No evening phone discussion with CR and Caity for a month. I don't forbid you weekends, but curfews for six o'clock, for a month.

— Yes, Mom," he said, lowering his eyes. I'm sorry.

— Now, when mom gets home, that's what you're going to tell her, word for word, we agree?

— Mom?" he asks, trying to understand what she's up to.

"We agree?

— Yes.

— Kara is going to find this too hard, you've never been punished before, so we're going to negotiate, her and I, your punishment will be reduced, on one condition, I want an update on the state of big moron health.

— Yes mom.

— Give me a hug now," she said, opening her arms as he snuggled into them. "So, did you have sex with CR?