Chapter 26

"Bryan Dods!" he shouts as he enters the arena where wrestlers are training. "I'm looking for a little dick by the name of Bryan Dods," intentionally taunts Harper, "A little shit that plays tough but still pees in bed, asshole that plays pee with his grandma," continuing until the one reacts and rushes at him, ready to strike him.

"Dods! Stop! What the hell are you doing here?" asks the coach approaching. An impressive fellow, broken nose, cabbage leaf ears.

"Your guy likes to harass girls and hit them and a friend of his.

— It's a lie!" laughs the offending wrestler nervously.

"I have a file with an IP address, photographs from the computer you used from which the harassing messages were posted. I have photos and videos of a girl who was brutalized, kicked just before Christmas.

— Dods?" asks the coach looking at his wrestler.

"It's nonsense, coach!" tempts the wrestler, nervous.

"It's simple. I'm turning this case over to the Dean, the police and the media or we both settle this right here, right now," Harper explains, staring at the wrestler who studies him up and down, smiling.

Serious mistake.

Harper doesn't smile or take his eyes off him.

The coach ponders the implications if his wrestler is indeed guilty, potentially bringing the whole team into disrepute. Coach also looks at Harper, nodding.

"If I let you sort this out, the file disappears?

— Absolutely.

— Alright. Everyone get out of the area," he said in a powerful voice. "We have a fight."

Removing his coat and boots, Harper removes his socks as he enters the combat area. Dobs dons his helmet and mouth guard before getting into position, wiggling his fingers, ready for a catch. As he lunges to grab Harper around the waist, he jumps aside and punches the top of the wrestler's head, causing the wrestler to collapse to the ground.

"Hey!" shouts the coach as wrestlers come forward.

"When you hit a girl from behind, who is twice your size, you have to face the consequences! Get up filth!" Harper shouts. "If one of you comes to help him, you are no better than him!"

Dods gets up angrily, slapping the tatami with the flat of his hands.

Good.

Stepping forward with outstretched arms, Harper dodges easily, thumping him hard several times with his palms and fists before leaping into the air, and elbowing him in the head. Advancing towards the coach, he looks at him coldly, mastering his voice and his breathing.

"They were two. I want the name of the second. Who was with him to kick that girl? If you turn yourself in now and tell me who was with you, punching the girl while she was down, I'll walk away. I get it," Harper continues, looking at all the wrestlers, "you're ashamed and you regret your actions. Contact me, Harper Boswell. Tomorrow, I'll come back and challenge you one by one or I'll go to the cops. I'm still hesitating, but if I don't have a name, forget the championship guys. Coach, thank you for your time."

Sitting on a bench, Harper is putting on his socks, then his boots, when Ella comes running, out of breath.

"Are you... are you okay?" she asks, catching her breath as he puts on his coat.

"Of course, why?" smiles Harper, surprised by the question.

"You... They weren't there?" Ella asks, stepping forward to look around the room.