Chapter 24

Ella didn't dare to move from the bed, despite being dirty, soiled. Harper had apologized, handing her one of his t-shirts to wipe up the semen he had spilled on her. She guessed that he felt guilty for what had happened. She hadn't stopped teasing him until it happened. She didn't regret it, not really. Harper was kind, smart, full of qualities and really cute, but he had someone in his life, someone she couldn't fight against, his girlfriend was out of category. She wanted to wash herself, to pee, but she didn't dare get up, she had seen the blood in Harper's bed. She watched him as he typed on his computer, working on his problem. She hadn't made a sound when he called her family, had a twinge in her heart when she heard him say I love you to his girlfriend, surprised at the ease with which he was lying to her, when less than a hour earlier he was ejaculating on another, sleeping in his bed for three days.

"I'm sorry Harper," she said in a small voice. "I... forced you. I feel guilty. I know that's not an excuse."

Harper doesn't answer.

"I soiled your sheets, I bled," Ella sniffles.

Harper ignores her.

"I beg your pardon. I won't bother you anymore. I will give up and go home. I have no business here, I only cause trouble. You hate me.

— Sheets are nothing. What happened is as much my fault as yours. I needed company and you needed... me. Wait for me, we're going to take a shower."

Smiling, Ella secures any unwanted outflow of blood with tissues, and, in her pajamas, watches Harper dress in front of her, unembarrassed, before removing her sheet and putting it in the dirty basket, then reaching out her arm to head for the bathroom.

Relieving himself before showering, Harper wonders what to do with Ella when she knocks on the door.

"It's me," she whispers.

Unlocking his door, he lets Ella in, naked, taking her in his arms then pressing her against the wall of the shower, hands under her thighs to lift her up, while kissing her.

"What are we going to do?" asks Ella before roaring into his neck as Harper inserts himself.

Still working to break into the security system of the supermarket, Harper pays no attention to Ella, who enters his room with thick woolen socks and a sweater that goes down to mid-thigh. Joining Harper, she wraps her arms around his neck, placing a peck on his cheek.

"You like fucking me, don't you Harper?

— Not you?

— I do. Do you want me to order food? Do you want something in particular?

— I'm in!"

Ella puts her phone down, watching Harper search the supermarket site until he finds the cameras and remotely accesses the recordings.

"Well, let's see, you were assaulted at 4:42 pm. Let's go back. There you are. They are right there. The quality is not extra. Her, there, that must be the girl!" he said, pausing. But they only see an arm and its hood. "I'll go back up and see."

Rewinding the recording, they watch as the two men arrive, the third person still standing out of camera view as if he knows where to stand. Pausing again, he smiled as he noticed something.

"I've seen that before," he said, pointing to the logo on the bottom of one of the men's sashes, a red bear behind a C. The wrestling team's logo.

"He's a wrestler from Cornell?

— Or a fan, but given the size, let's say one of the team's wrestlers. Well, when I get back from vacation, I'm going to introduce myself.

— You're crazy, you're going to get demolished, you see how strong they are?" she asks, looking at photographs and videos on the team's website.