Chapter 11

The album was a critical and commercial success. Kate did it again, posthumously.

The clips made under the watchful eye of Kris were a tribute to Kate Valentine. Royalties were donated to charities close to Kate's heart, and the entire album once again soared to the top of the charts, scooping Grammy nominations in every category. Sam Hedges opens his show on the day of the album's release with a simple photograph broadcast on his screen, that of Kate Valentine's tombstone, then the camera zooms in on the host holding the album in his hand.

"There is nothing more to say, except that once again Kate has left us the most beautiful gift. Kate Valentine, ladies and gentlemen," he said, going to sit down as the camera zoomed in on the tombstone, and remaining on it for more than a minute, in religious silence.

Cameron and Kris took care of the promotional campaign and the media tour, with Cameron agreeing to carry her sister's legacy. Kate's last song was sung by Clara-Rose and Cameron, an unlikely duo that Kate would have liked. The emotion of Kate's niece, with her melodious voice and the part read by Cameron, serious, solemn, before the final sung verse, to music composed by the computer that created what Kate could have composed. Cameron's father contacted the record company who passed the information on to Kris who accompanied her to George. The bank was going to seize the farm, which no longer produced anything, her father no longer being able to take care of it given his age. Cameron refused to meet her father, arranging with the bank to pay the debts, and buy back the land. Taking an appointment with the mayor, she had the land rezoned in order to build a music school with accommodation for students, the Kate Valentine School of Music. She launched a competition for the realization of a bronze statue of Kate and gave a local artist the contract to design various works. Having signed a demolition contract, she had the family home brought down. Kate was gone, and she herself had never lived there. She sent her father to a retirement home far away where she was sure she would never see him again. Cameron hadn't forgiven her aunt and uncle's years of lying, but they had loved and raised her well too, taking advantage of her time at George, she gave them some money, enough to pay the bank on the next ten years. Kris was proud of Cameron and kept telling her on the way home, finding the idea of a school on earth having seen the birth of Kate magnificent. She completely ignored her old school and refused any invitation to make a statement to the local newspaper, run by one of those old friends, one of those who were biting their fingers for making fun of her at the time, just like the one owner of the local restaurant, who hit her in the school bathroom. Her sister's school would have its own restaurant, out of the question for its students to go to the person responsible for her running away. Cameron had a deep grudge. The local newspaper nevertheless highlighted the gesture of Cameron Parrish-Ward, the sister of Caroline "Kate Valentine" Ward.

Abigail had finished reworking the script and renegotiating her contract for Tilly to join her, pouring money into the film which she now believed had great potential, at least with fans of the show. Abigail would not only act as Doctor Who, but also act as producer and screenwriter. Clara-Rose was going to stay with Sean and Shanna for a few days, much to Caity's delight, while Tilly and Abigail went with part of the film crew to scout locations in London. The places had no secrets for them, the members of the American team overwhelmed by the events when they joined the English team, understanding that they were setting foot in something beyond comprehension. Taking advantage of being there, they went to the studios where the TARDIS that would be used was built, circling around the police station sliding their finger on it, they were completely emotional before having fun by striking poses by opening the door.

"Oh my god, Abby! We're in the TARDIS!" said Tilly as she entered the scenery depicting the interior of the ship.

"It's bigger inside!" exclaims Abigail before laughing out loud and breaking into a fit of giggles with Tilly.