Chapter 29

Clara-Rose arrived at her class smiling, the show having gone very well. Kris had told her how it worked and, having grown up hanging out in the halls of a record company, on film sets around the world, she wasn't intimidated, but it was different, it was Kate's host, the show she liked, though she didn't seem to remember ever meeting Clara-Rose during the group song for the album. What she swept away by going to see her before she left, thanking her for coming, saying that she enjoyed the segment and that the feedback from the public was very positive, offering her to come back occasionally, but not wanting that to interfere with her studies. Reassuring her that she wasn't doing this out of friendship for Kate and her memory, but because she, Clara-Rose, had a little something, a little twinkle in her eye when she spoke to the camera, naturally, and with the speakers. She hadn't let herself be impressed. Was she going to orient herself in this? Have a TV show? Doctor CR? Doctor Clara? Doctor Rose? No, that would piss off her moms. Doctor Ten?

Clara-Rose giggled alone in the corridors, going to find Caity to tell her. Her phone was jammed with notifications, everyone texting her, even her teacher.

"You were beautiful CR! I swear, it looks like you've been doing this for years. You were so fluent in speaking, explaining, and answering questions.

— I loved it, Caity. They offered me to come back and do some segments!

— It's awesome! I'm proud of you, little sister, so proud. I have to leave you, I have class. See you later, kisses to Julia."

Julia was in rehearsal all week, they weren't going to see each other much, apart from the weekends at home. Sleeping in the same bed was so natural that they had moved the beds in the bedroom to group them in the center of the room, no longer supporting sleeping apart. Julia had warned her in her myriad of messages, tonight she will sleep alone, having met someone in her class who had just "more or less" declared herself. Knowing that Julia was sleeping off did something to her, as if by dint of provoking her Julia had put her sex life on hold, waiting for her to give in to his advances, but after more than five months, she seemed to have made up her mind. Clara-Rose had taken Julia for granted, having become a virgin again for her. Going to her workshop on neuro linguistic programming, NLP, and body language, ideas for her next article began to emerge. It was fascinating to discover all these gestures that we do without realizing it and which are so many indicators of our state of mind. Clara-Rose discovered another facet of her personality by looking at herself during the exercise, the micro signs on her face, her eyes, her gestures, of which she had never been aware.

Staying in the library so as not to be left alone in her room, she began to throw her ideas on her keyboard, the cognitive or how to perceive what suits us. Clara-Rose works until she can no longer keep her eyes open, before returning home, exhausted. Opening the door, she sees Julia, lying in her bed. Quietly, she closes, puts her things and undresses, keeping only shorts, as has been the case for several weeks, before removing them by slipping into bed.

"You're sleeping?" she murmurs, approaching to embrace Julia.

— Mmmm.

— How was your evening? Is it a guy or a girl?

— It's nobody, I lied to you.

— But... why?" Clara-Rose asks, surprised.

"I haven't slept with anyone since the start of the school year.

— But, I saw you, you went out with guys and girls.

— I have not concluded, I can't.

— How so?

— For a future shrink, you're pretty bad. I love you CR, it's simple. I think only of you! Since day one, I've had a crush on you and you've obsessed me.