2. Accretion

The three of them rested there in a somewhat uncomfortable silence as the train started moving along the railways. Stardust didn't take much notice as he was mesmerised by the stars in the sky Illuminating the compartment. He softly smiled, as if he were falling in love with a person. 

Whilst in a trance, he was abruptly snapped out of it by a small vendor. They were calling out for people to buy some snacks; specifically 'healthy' ones. Either way, it was there, and they had grown a small appetite. Y/N sat still and thought for a moment, trying to work out if they had enough money to afford some snacks.

"I'll have a packet of...Starflour crisps, please?" Stardust kindly requested, leaning back in his seat as he relaxed more. The doughnut-lookibg creature beside him also asked for that, except in their language. Once given, he was unsure of how to consume it: he quickly grew embarrassed over it. As he glanced over to the doughnut, they ate with the wrapper on it. 

Predicting that that was the correct method, Stardust lightly bit the corner of the packet, a small expression of disgust washing over his face as he was met with a rather metallic-y flavour. "That's not how you eat it." Y/N slightly laughed, smiling softly at his surprised reaction, "You're meant to remove the wrapper," Stardust quickly removed it, hoping that nobody else witnessed it and took a small bit out of the thin, flaky circle. 

It'd been a while since he consumed such a delightful snack, considering how busy he's been with the city surrounding him. Y/N slowly brought the bottle to their lips as they drank a small portion of the soda before setting it down. It was highly swet with moondust. Normally, it would contain more salt and taste bitter. 

Rejecting the drink after deciding to not drink it any further, they offered Stardust the rest of it. He kindly thanked them in response and took a small sip, to which he softly hummed in delight. Whilst the two small talked about random stuff, whether it was food ingredients or the dreamy weather, one thing that provoked their attention was the noise of passengers screaming outside. 

They were darting around aimlessly like flies, crying out for help from the train. There were small, inky-looking creatures outside, chanting their words in unison. The passengers weren't necessarily bothered by this, until of course, the creatures started climbing up the side of the train...