11. Verity

Y/N woke up early that morning. However, Stardust was nowhere to be seen. Smiling softly to themselves, they arose from the bed, yawning. They couldn't remember fully what had happened last night, yet it didn't necessarily bother them. As they wandered down the hallway, they saw a note on the table. It read: 'Please don't leave the house until I'm back, it'll only be a few hours -Stardust'

Shrugging, they disregarded the note and pulled on a coat, and headed outside. The wind nipped their cheeks as it glided past. Heading down the streets, they gazed at all the buildings, mesmerised by them. A gentle hand tapped their shoulder, snapping them out of their trance.

"Hey," The male smiled, observing them, "I'm Starlight, nice to meet you." He reached out his hand in a kind greeting, to which they smiled back and shook it. "I'm guessing you are new here?" Starlight added, glancing towards the café, hinting at something. Y/N nodded, viewing the small café.

~Timeskip

Starlight sipped his coffee as he softly sighed, enjoying it's taste. "So, do you know anyone named Stardust?" Y/N's eyes widened slightly before slowly nodding. The male's fiery eyes narrowed at their response. Leaning forward, he whispered: "Well let me tell you something; he is not one to trust."

"How do you know?" Y/N asserted, sounding almost curious.

The man's voice turned stern at their words. "He was my brother, both born in the cosmos. He'd always been the secretive type however. He could never accept the truth that they were made from the scraps. Stardust had always seeked for revenge, and one day-...he destroyed the City of Wizards...his main plan for destruction. And oh boy, that was just the beginning."

Y/N gasped in shocked, completely in disbelief at the male's words. They couldn't believe that they'd been living with a monster. During that evening, they sat down, exchanging their knowledge of Stardust. Starlight appeared concerned for Y/N's safety, and told them that he had a spare room in his apartment if they wanted to sleep there, which they agreed to. They appeared nervous when he told them Stardust had a secret, dangerous form. Of course, it was hard to believe but, maybe it was the truth?

~Another Timeskip

As they slept in the spare bedroom, they heard the glass door leading to the balcony slide open. Then there was silence, only for a minute. Then something massive, with huge wings wrapped itself around Y/N, holding onto them tightly. They went to scream, but the shadow transformed back, tightly pressing their hand against their mouth. Y/N struggled, desperately trying to break free, but it was no use. Their movements slowed down, the world turning black and hazy until they blacked out. The last words they heard were: "Oh darling, you shouldn't have done that~"