9. Endure

Y/N nodded at his question. A soft sigh escaped their lips. "Can we go outside and get some fresh air?" They asked him, looking up at him with pleading eyes. Stardust glanced down at them, slightly narrowing his eyes.

"Not today. There's too many criminals around this time of day." He calmly lied, remaining unbroken eye-contact. Y/N huffed slightly, leaning back into his arms. Stardust knew it wasn't right to lie to them, but he didn't want them knowing the dark truth; it would scar them too much. After all, their oblivious personality was a good thing for him, considering that now he could quite easily manipulate them.

"How about we get some sleep?" He asked, picking them off the sofa, and carrying them  bridal-style. Ever since he first met her he wanted to do this, over 17 years ago now. Yet, Y/N was too naïve to recognise him. He'd quite drastically changed after all, personality to looks...

~Timeskip~

Stardust woke up to the sounds of knocking at the hotel door. Yawning, he proceeded to the door and slightly pulled it ajar. The two figures started speaking to him, showing him pictures of the missing male and asking if he recognised him. Obviously, he lied about it and closed the door, sighing as he wiped his forehead.

Curiosity started to take the best of him, luring him toward the TV. sitting down, he flicked it on and scanned the news sites, eyebrows raising with intrigue as he notices some pictures from the evening when he murdered a male who was simply trying to hint to Y/N that Stardust was dangerous. A chuckle left his lips, a devious smirk following behind. It seemed everyone was oblivious of this situation.

He smiled softly however when a pair of arms gently wrapped against his neck, their head resting on his. "Morning..." Y/N tiredly mumbled. Stardust turned around, his crystal eyes gazing into their eyes. "I'm hungry," They spoke just slightly above a whisper, sounding partially desperate.

Getting up, he headed into the kitchen of the hotel room and observed the cupboards. His brows furrowed upon the realisation. "Mm...Y/N! I'll be gone for a bit, just getting some stuff!" He called out, exiting the room.

Seizing the chance, Y/N watched as he left, waiting for the moment to sneak out. Climbing down the balcony and onto the floor was an easy task since the room was only on the 2nd storey. They smiled genuinely, taking in a breath of the fresh city air, wandering the streets. It was quite serene and peaceful; the way the streetlamps softly illuminated the streets.

As they roamed the empty roads for a few hours, they went to scream as a figure hoisted them into the air. A gloved hand quickly shifted to cover their mouth. "What the fuck are you doing out here Y/N?!" a familiar voice exclaimed, frustration evident in his tone, "what did I tell you about all the filthy criminals exploring the streets, hoping to capture a new victim?!" He threw them over his shoulder and treaded back to the hotel room, Y/N whimpering fearfully at his anger, not used to seeing it. But they assumed it could be far worse than what it was.

Stardust pushed them onto the bed, slamming the door shut and locking it. He turned off the lights, towering above them menacingly...