5. Affinity

Y/N's head snapped up when he whispered those words. "Hm? Did you say something?" They asked him, tilting their head slightly. He softly sighed, averting his attention to the table. Stardust gently shook his head, pressing his lips into a line. The waiter soon came over and asked if they wanted anything. "Could I just have some water, please?" Y/N asked the waiter, and he nodded before walking away.

As he came back with the water, someone stuck their foot up, causing the waiter to trip up and spill water on Y/N. They softly gasped as the cold water splashed up their collared shirt, instantly freezing their skin. Stardust quickly rush over to them and gave his navy jacket to them, wrapping it over their shoulders. Y/N grabbed it tightly and covered the water stain with it. The waiter profusely apologised and walked away.

"Let's get you out of here, shall we?" Stardust asked, gesturing his hand out for them to take, which they gratefully accepted. As they walked down the streets, they couldn't help but slightly blush at how much of a gentleman he appeared to be. Stardust stopped for a moment, gently tugging at their wrist. "Follow along." He commanded gently, taking them to his hotel room, "I had this hotel booked before I boarded the train, but it appears I have now a companion." He subtly chuckled after his comment, opening the door.

In the hotel room, Y/N scanned the room, surprised by how fancy it was. It was like an apartment for more upper-class people. They perched on the edge of the black velvet sofa, gazing at the intricate paintings on the wall. "I hope you like it. But, there's one thing I need to quickly mention,". Y/N tilted their head up to look at him, slight confusion on their complexions. "there's only one bed."

Y/N blushed slightly, realising what this could mean. But Stardust had a different idea: "You can take the bed, it's the room on the right of us. I'll sleep on the sofa." He mumbles, getting up to go to the bathroom. They half-sighed, disappointed by the proposal of his- they almost wanted to sleep with him. quickly, they shook off the intrusive thought, yet it didn't fade from their mind.

~Timeskip, 4 Hours

The sky grew darker as the evening drew by. The air was humid here, compared to their hometown. They were sat on the sofa, eating some random snacks Stardust had purchased on the train yesterday. He flicked on the TV, scanning through random movies until he chose one that piqued his interest. It had his name captioned on it; a news channel. Suddenly, he changed it, wanting to shield Y/N from the secret. They raised a brow in confusion at his sudden panic, but sighed.

"We should probably get some rest now," He muttered, yawning softly. He leant forward and gently kissed their forehead before walking to the bathroom once again. Y/N sat there, stunned. Their cheeks flushed, embarrassed by what he had just done. They had to yell at themselves mentally that it was probably just a kind gesture that he always does to people. Stumbling to the room tiredly, they flopped onto the blanket, slowly falling asleep,

...

Stardust creeped into their room, slowly opening the door ajar. Seeing them almost seeming cold above the blankets. He quietly headed towards the bed, gently grasping the blanket and pulling it over their sleeping figure. He smiled to himself, feeling a spark of warmth in his heart at their innocent and pure self. "Goodnight, Dear"