Chapter 7

RALPH: But I wasn't lying about the medal. That is my medal! That's why I was climbing the tree. It's mine! It's precious to me.

Vanellope polishes the medal, admiring it.

RALPH: That thing is my ticket to a better life!

VANELLOPE: Well, now it's my (glitches) ti-i-i-i-i-i-i-icket.

RALPH: What the...

VANELLOPE: See ya, chump.

She runs off.

RALPH: Come back! I'll find you! I will find you!

VANELLOPE (O.S.): Double stripe!

Ralph falls into the gooey taffy pool! He bubbles up, looking like a taffy beast.

RALPH: Nowhere to hide!

He disappears back beneath the sticky surface.

(Fix-It Felix and Calhoun leave Hero's Duty to look for the Cybug and Ralph. Felix looks over to a game called Strange Magic and wonders if the two went in there. Without saying anything to Calhoun, he goes in to see if the two went in there. He takes the train into the colorful game filled with Fairies, Elves, Goblins, and creatures. He looks around to see no damage or evidence that Ralph flew in there but decides to look around anyway. While looking around, he stumbled upon a den that belonged to a lizard. A lizard who wasn't in the best mood and decided to chase Felix away from its home. Felix ran for it and called for help. Some acorns hit the lizard and it looks at the person who threw them. It was Princess Maddie, the main character of the game. The lizard continued to chase Felix. Maddie started riding the lizard like a wild bull getting closer to the Dark Forest. Maddie saw some blueberries nearby and told Felix to run in that direction. He did and Maddie flew to the blueberry bush. She pulled it back and released it when the lizard got close enough, hitting it in the eye. Felix stopped running and looked back at Maddie and the lizard. The lizard tried to attack Maddie but she made it clear to it that she was bigger and scarier than it. The lizard understood and walked off. Maddie landed in front of Felix who caught his breath.)

FELIX: Thank you, Ma'am.

MADDIE: Who are you?

FELIX: I'm Fix-It Felix Jr. from the game Fix-It Felix Jr. And who are you?

MADDIE: Princess Maddie. The main character of Strange Magic.

(Felix stares at Maddie practically falling in love with her. But he snaps out of it when he remembers what he came for.)

FELIX: Umm... I'm just wondering if anything big and metal flew in here. My friend was in there and I thought he flew in here.

MADDIE: Everything was calm until you got caught up with Lizzie.

FELIX: Oh, well, I'm sorry to bother you, your Highness. I should probably go.

(Felix makes his way out but Maddie stops him)

MADDIE: Mind if I tag along? I need to get away from my aunt and ex for a while.

FELIX: Uh, well... the more the merrier I guess. Sure, you can come.

(Maddie smiles, takes Felix's hand, and flies out of her game all the way back to Game Central Station)

INT. GAME CENTRAL - OUTSIDE SUGAR RUSH ENTRANCE

Surge Protector shows Felix, Maddie, and Calhoun the damaged entrance to Sugar Rush.

SURGE: Yeah, he banged around in here like some kind of hot shot. Then he went barreling down there into that sweet, little game like a crazy person.

Calhoun studies the entrance to Sugar Rush.

CALHOUN: Sugar Rush. (a steely Clint Eastwood-esque squint) Cy-Bugs'll chew up that game faster than a chicken hawk in a coop of crippled roosters.

FELIX: (following close behind) What was that now?

She turns on him, dead serious.

CALHOUN: What're you, thick? There was a Cy-Bug on that shuttle! (Off his confused look) Do you even know what a Cy-Bug IS?

MADDIE: I can't say that I do, ma'am.

CALHOUN: (like talking to a child) Cy-Bugs are like a virus. They don't know they're in a game. All they know is eat, kill, multiply. Without a beacon to stop them, they'll consume Sugar Rush. But do you two think they'll stop there?

FELIX: Yes!

CALHOUN: WRONG! Viruses do not stop!

She stands up straight and majestic and looks over Game Central to all the tunnels leading to so many games and all the characters from them.

CALHOUN: Once those Cy-Bugs finish off Sugar Rush, they'll invade every other game until this arcade is nothing but a smoking husk of forgotten dreams. (Resolute) Kohut! My cruiser.

Kohut hands her what looks like a folded surf board. Calhoun heads down the steps to the tunnel.

MADDIE: Jeepers. Is she always this intense?

KOHUT: It's not her fault. She's programmed with the most tragic back-story ever. The one day she didn't do a perimeter check...

INT. CHURCH

KOHUT (V.O.): ...her wedding day.

Calhoun and her incredibly handsome fiance, BRAD, are about to exchange vows at the altar. Just then, a giant Cy-Bug crashes through the stained-glass window and CHOMPS down on the groom. Calhoun pulls out her automatic weapons and starts shooting through RAGING WAILS.

Calhoun tries to shake it off.

Maddie gets a flashback to her ex Loki cheating on her with Sylvie on their wedding day.

Felix and Maddie hurry up to her in the tunnel.

MADDIE: Wait, Ma'am! I'm and Felix's going with you.

CALHOUN: (reloading her gun) Like fun you two are, short stack and fairy. You two die outside your games, you two don't regenerate.

FELIX: Well neither do you, ma'am. And it is my job to fix what Ralph wrecks. And I cannot ask you to risk your life cleaning up his mess. No flex on this one, ma'am. I am coming along with you.

She gives them a hard look, then scoots aside on her hover board, snaps, and points behind her on the board. They leap onto it. And off they go.

EXT. THE SUGAR RUSH RACE TRACK

Contestants roll up to the start line as their individualized cheering squads watch from their boxes. A huge trophy cup sits atop of assorted candy in a curvy design above the START Line. A blonde girl with strawberry-pink gear and a lollipop in her mouth waves to the audience and goes to the front of a group of racers.

Vanellope peeps out from beside one of the boxes labelled "Taffyta". A green candy ball dresses the audience from the tallest box.