Chapter 16

RALPH: Felix?

SOUR BILL: I'm sorry! That's all I know, that's all I know, I swear! Now please, don't put me back in your filthy mouth again! (sobs)

Ralph sticks Sour Bill to a lollipop tree.

RALPH: Stick around.

SOUR BILL: Yes, okay. I will, I will. Thank you.

Ralph picked up the kart pieces on his way out.

EXT. SUGAR RUSH - LICORICE FIELD

Calhoun and Maddie patrol the area. Her scanner goes off. She pulls out her gun and she pulls out her sword and follows the beep.

CALHOUN: Come on, I know you're out there.

The signal suddenly drops out. She hits the tri-quarter, frustrated.

MADDIE: Ugh. Saccharine-saturated nightmare!

The tri-quarter suddenly goes off, loudly. Green dots fill the device's screen. She looks around on alert.

CALHOUN: But-- where --

The ground gives way and they tumble into --

INT. A GIANT CAVERN

They grab licorice roots to keep from falling into the nest below, full of glowing Cy-Bug eggs and candy-coated Cy-Bugs traveling in and out of long caverns.

MADDIE: (to herself) Doomsday and Armageddon just had a baby and it is ugly!

INT. FELIX'S CELL - KING CANDY'S AND QUEEN PIPPA'S FUNGEON

A frustrated Felix calls out the dungeon window.

FELIX: Hello? Hello? Somebody! Anybody! Please let me ouuuut!

He shakes the bars. One bar is loose.

FELIX: What's he say? (IMITATING RALPH) I'm gonna wreck it!

He hits the bars with his hammer. They fortify, stronger.

FELIX: (GROANS) Why do I fix everything I touch!? Oh! (SOBS)

RALPH (O.S.): Bam!

Suddenly, Ralph bursts through the wall.

RALPH: Felix!

FELIX: Ralph! (jumps up; hugs Ralph) I'm so glad to see you! Wait. (lets go) No, I'm not! What do you have to say for yourself?!

RALPH: I—

FELIX: Wait! I don't want to hear it. I'm not talking to you.

RALPH: Okay. Don't talk. That's fine. [dumps out a can full of the broken go-kart] But you have to fix this go-kart for me, pronto.

FELIX: I don't have to do boo! Forgive my potty mouth. I'm just so...so cross with you! Do you have any idea what you've put me through?! I ran higgeldy-piggeldy all over creation looking for you. I almost drowned in chocolate milk mix! And then...I met my Maddie. Oh. She gives me the honey glows somethin' awful. But...she rebuffed my affections. And then, I GOT THROWN INTO JAIL!

RALPH: Felix, pull yourself together!

FELIX: No, Ralph! You have no idea what it's like to be rejected and treated like a criminal!

RALPH: Yes, I do. That's every day of my life.

FELIX: ...It is?

RALPH: Which is why I ran off and tried to be a Good Guy, but I'm not! I'm just a Bad Guy, and I need your help. There's a little girl whose only hope is this kart. Please, Felix, fix it! And I promise, I will never try to be Good again.