Chapter 17

IN THE ARENA: Ralph and Felix cheer.

RALPH: Okay, kid. Let's finish this thing without any more surprises.

Ralph is punched in the face by Calhoun.

CALHOUN: Hope you're happy, junkpile. This game is going down, and it's all your fault.

FELIX: My lady, Maddie, you came back.

MADDIE: Can it, Fix-It! (to Ralph) That Cy-Bug you brought with you multiplied.

RALPH: No. It died in the taffy swamp. Believe me.

Hundreds of Cy-Bugs burst out of the ground behind the bleachers.

(CROWD SCREAMING)

CALHOUN: BULL. ROAR.

Calhoun draws her gun and Maddie draws her sword as candy citizens run around in panic. She fires and she slices at Cy-Bugs from her cruiser.

MADDIE: Listen up, people. Head to Game Central Station now! Move it! Let's go! Let's go! Go! Go! Go!

The spectators scream and hotfoot it out of the stands. Ralph sees Vanellope trailing King Candy and Queen Pippa on the Jumbotron. Cy-bugs swarm the finish line, attracted to the neon glow "FINISH."

RALPH: No!

EXT. NOUGAT CLIFF

King Candy and Queen Pippa zips up an ice cream mountain headed toward massive fudge-covered scoops in the distance. Vanellope pulls up to them, and in slo-mo they lifts up their goggles in disbelief as she drifts past their cars and zooms ahead. They approach a nougat mine. King Candy and Queen Pippa take a short cut. Vanellope turns and sees no sign of the King and Queen.

INT. INSIDE THE NOUGAT MINES

Vanellope's hair blows back as she heads into a tunnel and the track drops into a steep multi-colored. As she rises, King Candy and Queen Pippa sweep in...

VANELLOPE: Huh?

...and rear-ends her so hard that she spins out. He hits her again and her front end goes up on his hood.

KING CANDY: Get off of my track!

VANELLOPE: Hey!

She tries to shift and get off of his hood.

VANELLOPE: What are you crazy!

QUEEN PIPPA: I forbid you to cross that finish line!

King Candy stands up, breaks the antenna off of his kart, and whacks at her. She screams.

VANELLOPE: Knock it off!

BACK AT THE FINISH LINE: Felix and Ralph fight off bugs. Felix points to the jumbotron.

FELIX: Ralph, look!

RALPH (seeing Vanellope in danger) Kid!

BACK IN THE MINES

She and King Candy wrestle with the antenna. She glitches nervously, causing King Candy to glitch, too.

VANELLOPE: Stop it!

KING CANDY / ?!?!?: No! I'm not letting you undo all my hard work!

BACK IN THE ARENA: Felix and Ralph see it on the Jumbotron.

FELIX: Is that...

ON JUMBOTRON: The more King Candy glitches, the more we lose sight of him and get flashes of a creepy, familiar face.

RALPH: No way!

VANELLOPE: What the— Who are you?!

KING CANDY / TURBO: I'm TURBO, the greatest racer ever! And I did not reprogram this world to let YOU AND THAT HALITOSIS-RIDDLED WARTHOG TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!!!