Chapter 11

BLING! His teeth reappear.

FELIX: Ow! Yikes on bikes!

She hits. BLING. He fixes his face. Smack, bling, smack, bling, over and over, the vines approaching.

FELIX: Wow! We're -- killing -- them! Comedy gold!

Finally, the vines are within reach. He grabs hold, then pulls her into his arms. The vine sweeps them up and out of the quicksand. The world slows down. Music swells. Maddie looks up at Felix. They arrive on the tree branch. For some reason he looks strong-jawed and heroic. He smiles down on her. Man, she's beautiful. There's a real chemistry between them. Maddie notices that the Laffy Taffy are singing in a Disney-esque choir and have formed a heart shape around them. Calhoun pulls out her gun and shoots at the vines.

CALHOUN: Alright, enough with the goo-goo eyes. We've got work to do. Let's go.

She looks at the sensor, all business.

MADDIE (climbing out of the tree): Argh, we lost the Cy-Bug. Let's go. Come on, we'll get a better view from the air. Think you can fix that shuttle?

FELIX: Can do.

He follows them back towards the shuttle.

Down below the tree, unbeknownst to them, something has burrowed into the ground. We recognize the sounds of a Cy-Bug coming from the hole it made. We see the Cy-Bug from the pod emerge from the hole. It eats a striped cane root and becomes striped itself.

EXT. GO-KART BAKERY

An impressive facility shaped like a giant cake. Birthday candle chimneys line the top. Ralph and Vanellope sneak past a guard's gingerbread booth with BEARD PAPA snoozing inside of it.

EXT. BAKERY WALL — MOMENTS LATER

They slink up to a giant door with a hefty dead-bolt on it.

Vanellope's face is painted huge on the door with a circle-slash through it and the words: "No Glitches Allowed!"

VANELLOPE: Alright, do your thing, knuckles. Bust it open.

RALPH: What's this? You're a full on criminal, aren't you?

VANELLOPE: Hey, we shook on it.

Ralph's fist busts through the door, destroying it.

VANELLOPE: Thank you, Jeeves.

INT. KART BAKERY

Vanellope runs in. It's dark. There's nothing but a start button.

RALPH: What is this place? Where are the karts?

She hits the START BUTTON. A screen lights up. It reads: CHOOSE YOUR KART. There are a bunch of cool candy karts to choose from.

VANELLOPE: You gotta make one.

RALPH: What? No, no no. Look, kid, bad idea, trust me. I don't make things, I break things.

VANELLOPE: Well, it looks like you're gonna be stepping outside your comfort zone then, Gladys. (seeing a kart she likes) Ooh, this is a good one.

She presses the "choose" button. Suddenly the entire place lights up. There are levers and pulleys and bins.

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to the bakery! Let's bake a kart!

RALPH: What is this, another game?

VANELLOPE: Yeah, well, it's a mini-game.

VOICE: You have one minute to win it.

RALPH: What?

VANELLOPE: Come on, Ralph!

VOICE: Go!