Chapter 14

CALHOUN: Get out!

FELIX: All I said is you're my Maddie.

MADDIE: She said GET OUT!

He climbs out. Turns to say something else, but the glass comes down immediately and the ship lifts off.

FELIX: (distraught) Jimminy jamminy --

He lumbers off towards the castle.

EXT. KING CANDY'S AND QUEEN PIPPA'S CASTLE DOOR — SHORT TIME LATER

Felix knocks on the castle door. Sour Bill opens the door.

SOUR BILL: Mmmmyes?

FELIX: I'm Fix-it Felix, Jr, sir, from the game Fix-it Felix Jr. Have you seen my friend, Ralph?

SOUR BILL: Wreck-it Ralph?

FELIX: Yes, yes, that's him.

SOUR BILL: We shoulda locked him up when we had the chance.

FELIX: Locked him up?

Sour Bill grabs a handle and pulls.

SOUR BILL: I'm not making the same mistake with you.

A trap door opens and Felix falls in.

FELIX: (SCREAMS)

EXT. DIET COLA MOUNTAIN

Vanellope comes running out of the secret door. Ralph pushes the kart out behind her.

VANELLOPE: Hurry, hurry! Let's go-Time's a-wastin'. Come on, Ralph! This is it. This is really happening. I almost don't believe it. I mean, I have dreamt about it for so long, and now... And now... Now I think I'm going to puke, actually. I mean, I think I might puke. You know, like a "vurp."

RALPH: A what?

VANELLOPE: Vomit and a burp together, and you can taste it, and it's just like rising up. Oh, this is so exciting!

RALPH: Yes, it is. It's exciting.

VANELLOPE: Am I ready to be a real racer? Ralph, what if the gamers don't like me!?

RALPH: Who doesn't love a brat with dirty hair? Come on. Those people are going to love you. You know why? Because you're a winner.

VANELLOPE: I'm a winner.

RALPH: And you're adorable!

VANELLOPE: I'm adorable!

RALPH: And everyone loves an adorable winner!

VANELLOPE: Yeah!

She laughs and hops in her kart. Ralph climbs on the back.

RALPH: Okay, come on. Listen to me. If you get nervous, just keep telling yourself, "I must win Ralph's medal or his life will be ruined." And have fun. Got it?

VANELLOPE: Got it.

Vanellope starts driving away,

VANELLOPE: Wait. Hold on!

Then slams on the brakes. Ralph FALLS forward. She puts it in reverse, then stops short. He FALLS off the back.

RALPH: Whoa! Hold on! Where are you going?

VANELLOPE: I forgot something! I'll be right back!

RALPH: (CHUCKLES) Kids.

He sighs, content. We hear the sound of a kart engine.

KING CANDY: Ralph! (CHUCKLES) There you are. Hello!

Ralph turns to see King Candy and Queen Pippa getting out of their karts.