Chapter Seventeen

What was the last thing you remembered? Sitting in the rainforest, talking with Scaramouche... taking his hand and... "Foolish human". What did you do to upset him? You were by his side, occasiaonally hanging out, sharing some of his pain, considering you were involved in it. Your goal was to be there for him, and save him from this mental state that he's in. Deification? A very very bad idea, especially since he's emotionally unstable.

You slowly opened your eyes after being put to sleep for a while. To your surprise, you were in a completely different place now. It was a secluded, wide area, with no window, fully seperated from the outside. At this point, you couldn't even tell if you were in his mind again or if this was reality. At least, not until you spotted a big machine turning, then walking towards you.

"I see you're wide awake. Had a good sleep?" A voice from the robot asked you, letting out a laugh afterwards. "Scaramouche...?"

To your question, the face of the machine opened, revealing none other than the harbinger inside. "How smart, you should be praised for having such great intellect!" He stated with a grin on his face, clearly mocking you. "Stop joking around! What's the meaning of all this? Why did you trap me in here?" You extended your arms, showing the place you were locked away in.

It was a cage of some sort, only difference, was that it was made out of electro power. Someone like you, with no vision to wield had no way to get out. Your little prison was hanging from the ceiling, just in the height to be able to be on the level of the robot's face.

"Joking around? You cleary don't know where your place is. You think I'm the one who's joking around, when you're here, betraying my trust?" His eyes widened as he angrily exclaimed. "Honestly, what the hell do you mean?" You raised your voice, not liking whatever he was thinking of this situation.

"Don't play dumb with me. You have been planning to go against me all along. At the beginning, as a dear friend of mine, I even offered the gracious chance that you could become a God with me! Yet this is how you pay my kindness back. Scheming with the almighty traveler and his friends." The boy crossed his arms furiously.

What... How long has he known? Currently, you felt a terrible amount of guilt even though part of you knew, that you weren't in the wrong.

"You look so surprised, it just shows how stupid you really are. Ever since our consciousness has been connected, I saw your every move, your thoughts and so on. If you'd think: Oh, why couldn't I see yours then? It's because I was the one who connected our minds. I was the one in control. At first, I used this power on you, because later on it would've been needed for your deification. But after finding out your true intentions, it was used to keep track of your acts."

After he made a point, you began thinking for a little bit. Since you never wanted to harm him in any way, you needed to sort this situation out. "Okay then, before jumping to conclusions, why don't you try understanding my viewpoint first?" You questioned calmly, trying to solve this without violence.

"Huh? Why would I-" Scaramouche started talking, but was cut off by a door suddenly opening.

Your eyes widened at the sight of the person who entered. It was none other than Aether and Paimon alongside... a child?

The harbinger turned their attention to them leaving you there in your little cage. You definitely didn't like where this was going. The thing you wanted most was to avoid fighting but looks like you successfully failed that plan of yours.

"Ah, I see you've arrived as well. Looks like the modified Akasha Terminal has been on y/n for too long, I was late with removing it..." the Balladeer laughed to himself. "You think you're allowed to steal my companion just like that?! HUH?!" He raised his voice at the end of his sentence.

"You've got it wrong. We didn't want to steal her or anything, we were trying to stop you from becoming whatever you are now!" Paimon shouted back at him.

"I advise you shut your mouth this instant. Can't you see that someone as lowly as you has interrupted the conversation between two Gods?" The boy gave the silver haired floating girl a death glare.

Two Gods...? So if the Traveler and Paimon aren't Gods then could it be that... that child between them is the God of Wisdom? You found it hard to believe.

"Why are you doing this, Kunikuzushi?" The dendro god spoke up. To this, Scaramouche's eyes widened. Surely, he didn't expect to be called by that name again. "I don't think you should stick your nose into everything. Now, I'm getting tired of this unnecessary talk, I'd have plans to carry out." He said turning towards you, then back to them.

"Leave, or I'll put you out myself."

You could tell by his tone that by the put you out part he definitely meant something else as well... Is a fight really going to break out between the four?

"I don't intend on leaving. Especially with y/n still being locked up." The Traveler answered angrily.

To this statement, the Harbinger let out the most terrifying laugh. It was filled with pure malice, he really has changed. He has gone mad. Everyone could tell that. At this point the only way to save him was to take him down. Rather, to take his pride down. It's not like he'd want talk it out with anyone...

"I see! Well then, that puts us ahead of an incredible time, doesn't it?" Scaramouche clasped his hands while smiling, and the machine's head slowly started closing.

"Bring it on."