𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒓𝒔

Chapter Thirty Five

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. 🤗

~

Taking over Lucienne's shift on helping Morpheus with his research, I placed the books on the table before him and settled on the chair across from where he's sitting for hours and hours.

"Is this everything we have on Rose Walker?" He asked, scrutinising the different colored leather-bound books piled one after another in front of him, almost blocking his view of me and likewise.

I gave him a nod when our eyes met. "And her brother Jed. I do not think these books will be of great help considering there isn't a thing you do not know in this realm of yours. Except perhaps-"

"Except perhaps why she was able to wander into my throne room." Morpheus sighed, and only then did I was able to see dark circles forming under his eyes. He has been restless for days, after all.

"That is a wonder, all right," I sighed too. "I think I'm more interested as to why Gault targeted her brother and not Rose personally."

"I have a feeling we would find that out quite soon."

I took a book from the pile and opened it, mimicking his interest in that book his nose is buried into. "Did Lucienne tell you about what she read regarding Unity Kincaid?"

Morpheus's brows furrowed as he shook his head. "Tell me."

"When you were locked behind bars, there were people all over the world who fell into a deep slumber and failed to wake up. One of them is Unity Kincaid and yet she was recorded to be the sole survivor of that 'sleepy sickness' as humans call it. When you came home here, she woke up," I said. "Rose Walker is Unity's great-granddaughter."

Morpheus nodded, contemplating what he heard from me in great caution. "It seem to suggest that my absence caused the birth of a vortex.

"Is that possible?" I inquired.

"Vortexes are naturally occurring phenomena," Morpheus met my eyes. "No one knows why they happen. Not even I know. But I do know they are not caused or created. They simply happen. Like variations of dreamers, you for example as a lucid dreamer."

"I hear you," I said, nodding slightly. "So, this all happened by chance, then? Is Rose not an imminent threat?"

"My instincts say no, but tonight, when Rose Walker sleeps, we shall see it more clearly."

"You are really allowing me to go?"

"I will be there the whole time, dearest. I will not let anything harm you."

"I know that," I reached for his hand. "And I am thankful for you."

He smiled, faintly enough like he was intending it to only be seen by me. Then, he closed the book, painting a look of confusion in my face. "I think I have spent enough time with this for today. I shall now devote the rest to my beloved."

"Are you certain it is all right to take a bit of time off this?"

"Yes," He said. "Matthew is on surveillance duty as of the moment, anyway. I shall know what is transpiring down below through him."

I smiled and rose to my seat. "Well, then. Take me to visit the tulip field, my love. And afterward, perhaps you could get a bit of rest."

Our day out went well. Morpheus accompanied me to visit the tulip field and made me a bouquet of different colored tulips as a token of remembrance. Then, on that clearing where Fiddler's Green once was, we rested under the shade of a willow tree. Morpheus lies on the ground, using my legs as his pillow while I try to lull him to sleep by reading him a story that I fancy at the moment.