Chapter 22: New car

Y/N POV

I cuddled with Kali for a couple hours until I found a decent ad on my phone for a car. It's about a few blocks away, 

Kali: What car you getting? Something nice? Something fast? Please be something fast...

Y/N: Looks like a 2002 Nissan Maxima, it was lightly clapped, you know...

Kali: Lightly clapped? How bad? 

Y/N: He calls it a work of art, he put a newer motor in it, turbo-charged, put it on a dyno test to get it tuned... uh.... about 75k on it. 

Kali: Only seventy-five thousand?! How much does he want for it?!

Y/N: Buyer says it was originally 10 but he brought it down to 7 because of a "suspicious rattling noise".

Kali: So, why are you even considering buying it? 

Y/N: It's a four-door sports car now, and that rattling could be fixed, I'm an engineering major mind you.

Kali: Fair enough, want me to go with you?

Y/N: Sure, maybe you could charm him or something, guy's name is Jhin, real character. He's graduating so he doesn't need it anymore. 

Kali: Aight, let's go. Who can't turn down the famous K/DA, local celebrities?

Y/N: Oh boy...

WALK TIME

We arrive at the address he sent me; I see a lanky man walk out, tossing his mask back inside. 

Jhin: You Y/N? I'm Jhin, what's going on K/DA? 

He holds his hand out to shake my hand, I take it and he awkwardly shakes, reluctantly letting me go. 

I look over and I see the Maxima in all of it's glory, with the fattest for-sale sign stuck on it. 

Y/N: I'm Y/N, nice to meet you Jhin, this is Akali, our rapper.

Jhin: What's up? 

Kali nods her head, adjusting her top. 

Jhin: Nice... anyway, here's the baby, I'm letting her go because I'm leaving Piltover, studying abroad. 

Y/N: Where to? 

Jhin: Ionia, I want to explore, I want to make art, I want to make things that people will look at go...

He gives me a shocked expression. 

Y/N: So, you're an art major? 

Jhin: If it wasn't obvious. So, check this beast out! Most of this was done in a shop, apart from the rattling, it's scary and it happens when you start moving, it's in the back. 

Y/N: Probably a bearing, axle or something, don't know, I can go under and find out if I really want to. 

Jhin: I'm guessing you're an engineering major?

Y/N: If my uncomfortable voice and that fact I already might know the problem wasn't obvious, then yes. 

Jhin: Well, I hate to see her go, but I know it's going to a good home. You want it? 

Y/N: I'll take it, I need something to put around. 

Jhin: This won't just put; it will haul ass. 

Me and Jhin shake on it, we start the whole turnover process. It starts with wiring money to getting the documents right, my dad taught me how to do all of this when we bought the truck back in the day. 

That truck carried dirt, wood, snow, more snow, and it has been such a trooper, I know since this car is Japanese, it will last me a while. 

Jhin: Alright man, it's yours, you drive stick?