Chapter 34: The home stretch semester

Y/N POV

After that night, that amazing break just flew by, it was back to school in no time, and this semester is awful. 

I get to relax a bit, since me and Jayce both got our year-long projects done, but that means we get to be Heim's guinea pigs for his more personal tests.

I'd say personal assistants, but it has definitely become guinea pigs by the time January ended. 

I see the five girls come flowing out of the Merc as soon as Sera parks up to the lab.

They came to visit me after my lab? How sweet! 

Eve: Hey darling! 

The girls all strut over to me, showing off their glam to me and the rest of the nerds. 

Kai: H-hey Y/N... I convinced the girls to come see you after class!

Y/N: Uh, okay that's sweet actually, how are you guys?

Sera: Our music classes are already over, we're just waiting for graduation pretty much, the songs are still killing it! 

Kali adjusts her scarf; it may be February but it's still cold as fuck. 

Ahri: Real question is how are you? You've been really busy, and you didn't have any time for us this past week. 

Y/N: That's because the class I'm taking now isn't much of a class, it's like a job. 

Kali: A job?! You already have one though! You're our DJ!

Y/N: I know, but it's just this semester, then we're outta here, just gotta hold on a bit longer. 

Eve: We'll stay for you Y/N, and I mean, we have to. 

Sera: Yeah, our classes might be done but we'll help out the other students just coming in.

Y/N: See? There you go, meanwhile me and Jayce are going to be Dr. Heim's lab rats. 

Kai: Oh... it can't be that bad... right? 

*BOOM!*

Jayce crawls out of the lab, I run over and help him up, he brushes himself off and does his best to get the ashes out of his hair. 

Jayce: Fuck... thanks Y/N... looks like my shift is just about up. Remember that lab we did at the start of the year where we had to make a chemical compound that cleaned your shoes better? 

Y/N: Yeah, and the three of us managed to do it. 

The girls watch us conversate in curiosity. 

Jayce: I was... *cough* helping someone do it and uh... well... they might have put too much hydrogen in and... yeah...

Dr. Heim walks out of the lab, giving us both a grin. 

Dr. Heim: Any progress made is good progress, you two have a good day. 

He nods to us and then to the girls, walking back inside of the smoking lab. 

Jayce fist bumps me and walks to his car, hopping in and leaving, not even acknowledging the girls, he knows them well enough he feels he doesn't need to. 

Kai'Sa is pale, utterly terrified, the rest of the girls all show a sign of shock. 

Y/N: Yeah, you're right Kai, not that bad.

I give her a sarcastic smirk; she regains her composure. 

Kai: Well, come back to the house, something tells me you could use some relaxation...