Bullets

Rage. That's all that i felt, There's a feelings of regret, sadness the feeling of fear.

Today, i almost lost not only mine, but also Keegan's life, an clear ambush and the two of us were alone.

I risked my life for him, barely made it, there was a deeper cut on my leg that medic has patched up.

I didn't even feel the pain.

 But the thought of Keegan in that condition did.

A ache in my heart as i kept cursing under my breath the flashbacks are as clear as they come.

During the ambush i clearly saw how Keegan got shot around his chest, how he dragged himself to a corner, blood spilling as i was on the other side.

Just as Keegan got in corner a grenade flew towards him.

Adrenaline rushed in as the only mindset was to save him, my reaction was quick as i didn't even knew when i reached to Keegan as i the threw grenade back and covered him behind the wall, He  looked at me with fear in his eyes, his eyes were wide open, "W-what the fuck k-kid" his words stung me as he coughed blood, Grenade exploded.

I looked behind me and aimed. Two of them, down. leaping from my old hiding spot to the new one. Three, down. As i turned back to Keegan, one more down. I kept killing as much as I can pushing them back as i kept telling myself i need to save him, save Keegan. Save the one i love.

* End of flashback*

I stood up holding my head and lit up a cigarette puffing out, sighing deeply as my heart raced.

I slowly paced towards the ward where Keegan was admitted, stopped at his door. As i opened it my heart just broke, he was in not condition to even look at me all his skins were covered in white bandages, his faces surely damaged, He couldn't talk, not even open those eyes.

I sat beside him a fear of loosing him rised in me. Holding his hands in mine as i stared at him. Merrick and the team told me to get back to base as they already checked on Keegan.

As i stepped in everyone was gathered there. The meeting room even 141 was there as i took a seat, they started discussing about the ambush.

Wait.

Why is no one talking about Keegan, why is no one caring to ask if he is okay, i gave my gun a hold, trying to relax as Merrick and price kept up about who the ambushers where. I slammed the table getting everyone's attention "Why? why is no one godamm talking about Keegan" Merrick coughed as i clenched my jaw "his a soilder y/n, We are a part of military, we always loose people. That's not something new".

What? I laughed, "That's all you got?". Silence. I stood up from my chair aiming my gun right at Merrick as he stood there looking fucking dumb.

"Come again Merrick i heard you
wrong" i spoke at him.

"You need to clam down first" price spoke as i shifted my gun at him "Keegan, his dying in the hospital and all you guys are talking about is the godamm ambushers" a hand rested on my shoulder.

Knew who it was. I rushed out of the meeting room slamming the door behind me. As ghost followed behind.