Chapter 4

Naruto

IT'S LIKE MY world shattered when i heard my Godfather said that the girl that I love the most is gone.

"Kaguya is demoted from her throne as the Goddess of the moon, your father actually tried his best to convince the god of reincarnation to just let her stay as immortal, knowing that her death is going to inrage the god of shadow more, but  . . . we can't have her back. Apparently, she only have one life. She's an immortal but she can't reincarnate. That's the only rule she have . . . and she risked it all, when she was trying to save yours and the god of shadow's life."

"S-she doesn't exist anymore?" my breathing hitched.

"She's long gone."

I was so devastated that I ended up dropping down the ground.

It took me minutes to gather energy to speak.

"What about Susanoo Otsutsuki the god of shadow? Where is he now? Did he already know? What happened?"

"The god of Shadow died with you and Kaguya, that time. He was also punished just like you. And just like you, he also gone the worst. He is reincarnated earlier than you. Actually, he was reincarnated few years after your encounter. He was reincarnated into a human, as an infant. His memory is intact, but . . . he remained as a human. He was always a human for the rest century he is reincarnated."

"W-will we get back to our old self? Our powers?"

"I don't know, son." He ruffled my hair. "I don't know."

"W-what about Hina?" I raised my head. "D-did Susanoo really found her? Is my gut feeling accurate? If so, then will Hina be okay? Will she be safe?!"

He sighed. "What the God of Wisdom told you was right." Wait what? "S-susanoo indeed found your master and yeah, there's a possibility that he'll feel your energy within the girl. But my knowledge ends there. We don't know what he'll do next. But if we're going to base his emotions to what happened between the both of you in your past life, I think you know the answer."

"He . . . he will definitely hurt her to avenge on what happened." I murmured to myself. "And more importantly, god of wisdom, you say?"

"God of wisdom. Yeah, Shikamaru." He pointed out the neighbor's cat who seemed surprised too. "He was also punished for what he had done before, so he don't remember a single thing from the past. However, his smart brain is still there."

There's too much information coming in right now. And I can't seem to digest each!!!

Susanoo is alive! Hinata might be in danger! Kaguya is dead! Im bieng punished! And Shikamaru is the god of Wisdom!!!

"You two are good companions of each other. Im glad that the god of Reincarnation didn't separate you. Well, he almost did, when he found out that your master was Shikamaru's neighbor. But your father had done a great job to convince him. Now, my role here now is to explain to you everything that happened. Everything that's beyond Shikamaru's knowledge."

"T-then, Am I able to see my mother and father?"

"Unfortunately, no. This is your punishment, you can't meet your family and go back to the realm of gods. You will also return to your animal state after this." He sadly shook his head.

"H-hinata?"

"What about her?"

"Will I be able to protect her?" I asked, hoping for a good answer. But looking at my godfather's face now . . . It looks like I won't like the answer. He extended his hand helping me to stand up, and when im finally fine, he talked.

"What's the point of protecting her? If she's gonna die, then the ties between both of your souls will be cut. From there, you won't be connected with anyone that'll only make you weaker."

He is right. If Hina's gonna die, then my ties with her will be cut off. From then on, I can live freely even as an animal, all I have to do is avoid bieng affiliated with a human. But . . . for some reason, I can't seem to let go.

Hinata has been mean to me, she ignored me a lot. And only feed and take care of me because of a friend's favor. But, I can see the loneliness in her eyes. She is tired. Lonely. And she is still a child who don't know how to take care of herself.

I want to take care of her.

"I want to protect her."

"Just like I thought." He smiled. So he's just testing me!!! "But how can you? At this state? There's nothing you can do. While Susanoo is a human, he can do anything to your master."

"B-but she's my master." Apparently the only one I have now.

"Im sorry, son. But everything is on Susanoo's hand now. It's his choice whether he'll spare your master's life or kill her." He patted my shoulder. "Just be strong, Naruto. Don't make any reckless move that'll risk your and your master's life. Staying here is the best option."

I didn't utter any more words, I just nodded and vowed afterwards. I could see the sorrow in my godfather's eyes as he ruffle my hair. We have no choice.

For now, I will leave everything on Susanoo's hands. I know that im the one to blame of what happened. He could've forgiven me if Kaguya survived back then, but im sure, after knowing that Kaguya died along the two of us, his grudge towards me will never subside. He will hurt me in anyway possible.

And now  . . . with the possibility that he knew the relationship between me and Hina, he already have the ability to hurt me.

For the reason I can't seem to decipher, I feel like I will die too if Hinata die.

What's happening?

I spent hours talking to my godfather. We can't seem to get back to our past vibes. Like back then when we see each other we would joke around and laugh until our stomach hurts. But now, even a simple smile is hard to pull!

Shikamaru joined the conversation at the beginning, but he slept at us. He just asked few questions about his past life as a god and dozed off before us.

It was almost dawn when godfather said it's time to go.

He ruffled my hair for the last time, and get me back to my puppy shape.

"Take care Naruto. Don't let your emotions get ahead of you." He reminded me. I just nodded. "I'll be watching you in my free time. And . . . and if ever Susanoo do something to your Master, just accept it."

"I . . ." i don't wanna. "I understand."

"I know it's hard, son." He poked my ears playing with it. "But if that's what it takes for him to forgive you, we'll do nothing about it. Susanoo, even if he don't say it, Kaguya's death hurt him very much. You also got hurt because you're her lover. But he . . . he got hurt the most, because she's his sister. "

"You don't need to remind me about my place in Kaguya's life. I know it very well. I can't and I never had plan to break their bonds as siblings. And it's not part of my plan to get her involved." In fact her death affect me too.

"I know." He smiled pulling back. "So i gotta go. Hina might come home anytime sooner." I just wish so. "Take care. And take care of her."

A\N: I fvcked up! I edit some part of this chapt and I just want to clarify that the god of shadow's name is SUSANOO not Sauce! T__T