Chapter 6

Naruto

Ever since my godfather left, i've been sitting before the door waiting for Hina to go home.

I kept on wishing for her to be safe, harmless and okay. I kept on wishing that she will come back to me. 

And when she did finally came back, I promised my self that I will never leave her out of my sight.

Now . . .

I don't know what happened, but I turned to my human-self. As far as I know, I will not return to my past self because its a part of my punishment, but to my surprise, Im now my human form.

And oh! Im also naked! I think im also naked earlier but I just didn't noticed so due to the excitement of meeting my godfather.

Now, I just took some extra-large T-shirts from Hina's wardrobe and wore it.

I watched as she lightly snore keeping her frawn-position on the study table.

Gently, I pushed her head up to lean on my forearm —my breathing hitched when she flinched but gladly she didn't woke up— then my other hand went down to the back of her knee and slowly lifting her up.

I was carefull as I lean my one knee on her soft mattress and slowly lying her down. And when I successfully done it, I then covered her with her comfortable and arrange her stuffs on the table.

After cleaning the table, I sat on her mattress and watched her sleep.

Why is she so cute?

I slowly-gently poked her cheeks trailing off a laugh at my self.

"Te-he. So cute." I gently brushed her hair. It's so soft and shiny.

She look so angelic when asleep. But when she's awake, her cute round face is always frowning. I don't know how to simply put it is she's just always gloomy, or she just don't like to around me?

Because . . . you know, she's just got forced to take care of me, Kiba apparently forced her to.

I don't know why she dislike me tho.

I mean, as a puppy, im so cute! So cute that I want to pet myself every time I look at the mirror. But she looks at me like im the most ugly creature ever existed! She won't even play with me! 

I stood up and stretched my arms upwards. Hm, I could tell that this human form of mine is just limited, so I guess i'll do the things that I want now.

Hm, let's start with Hina's photo albums. I wanna see her face when she was young.

I opened the cabinet in her bedside table only to see no photo album. I look for it as her shelf but I saw nothing too. My last option was to check underneath her bed, and I saw a box.

A lavander colored box with yellow star prints. I reached out for it and opened it upwards.

Im sorry for not respecting your privacy, Hina. Don't worry, im a dog, your secrets are safe with me.

I slowly opened it as the view inside surprised me.

It's . . .

A couple of burned pictures.

An old notebook— or diary, rather.

And a letter.

I picked the pictures one-by-one as I look at them. There are four of them. I took the first one. It's her pictures, when she was younger. Her hair was short, nearly a boy cut. She is wearing a lavander hoodie and she's looking at the camera while holding a cake. Birthday?

The borders of the picture is burned. The print is almost faded and I could see that it aged not so beautifully.

In the picture, she is smiling widely and happily. In the picture, I could see that she's genuinely happy.

And I had never seen this side of her.

Hah! It's so funny how bright she is in the picture but the picture itself shows a dark past. I wonder what happened to her in these past years?

I look at the next picture — which almost the half part is burned— it's not just her picture. It's a family picture, I guess. I saw a woman so young and beautiful. Her hair color is the same as Hina's and she have this gentle aura that seemingly resemble Hina.

There's a little girl standing before her, a brunette who have the same eyes at her. I guess she's around four to six years old. By looking at the kid's feature, she's more on a fight picker and loud kid.

I couldn't see the other part of the picture because it's burned but I could see Hina's midnight hair peeking beside the brunette.

I gazed at the third picture. It's Hina's picture, she is smiling again, holding . . . me?

Wait!

Ah no!

It wasn't me! It's a puppy who have the same color as me! And it looks like it's also the same age and size as my puppy version today!

It looks exactly me— I mean my puppy version, Bolt.

And in the picture, Hina is holding the puppy so happily. The opposite emotion when she's with me.

I sighed putting the pictures back to the box. But before I could do so, I noticed something written in the back of her photo with the puppy. I read it and it says I miss you, Kiyo.

Kiyo? Who the hell is Kiyo?

Oh well it's probably the dog.

I wonder what happened to her back in the days...

I kept her things and put it back to it's place. I wanted to read her diary, but I feel like im not kinda ready for it. People wouldn't burn pictures just because they are not in the mood, so something probably happened. That something changed her.

And for some reason, I feel like My heart won't be able to bear it once I learned what changed the innocent angel she once became.

One day . . .

One day, if given a chance, I want to hear it from herself what changed her. One day, I want to talk to her, comfort her and save her from any pain coming her way. One day, I will see that innocent smile of hers.

One day. But for now, all I have to do is wait. Wait for my punishment to be finnished, wait for her to be open and warm to me.

And if ever this lifetime is not enough for the both of us . . . because of course she's a human with a short life span,

then I will wait until she reincarnate, I will wait even if it takes me decades or century.

I already lost Kaguya, and this time, I won't let anything take this human away from me.

I will wait even in my very next life.