Chapter 1

Hinata

"SO HOW'S BOLT?" Kiba asked elbowing me. I just eyed him before I continue stepping forward to the counter.

Kiba has been bothering me about Bolt ever since earlier. He didn't get the chance to visit that puppy for the last three days because of the varsity, so here he is, endlessly asking me about him.

Bolt is what I named that puppy Kiba dropped before me. And a month had passed ever since that creature stayed in my house.

So far, Bolt is good. He is quiet, smart and also well behaved. Oh well... the thing that I don't like about him is his fondness of my couch, he likes lying there that his smell and fur would stay in the covers and pillows.

I admit he is so so cute that sometimes I wanted to pinch him but im doing my best to refrain myself. As long as I can, I want to stay away from that creature.

Im feeding him, giving him nice sleeping bed, I clean him, im buying him toys— with Kiba's money, of course— but everything ends there. I don't want to get myself attach to him.

I don't want to make bond with him.

It sounded mean... Yeah, Kiba said that im mean but i also have my own reason. The reason i chose to keep as a secret.

"300 yen ma'am." The cashier said.

I gazed at Kiba who is standing beside me. At the first second he didn't get me but after realizing, he immediately grabbed his pocket and get some money to pay for the puppy's foods and other necessities.

And as we go out, we parted ways. Kiba still have his practice today and he will be busy doing that until next month. Which means that he wouldn't be able to visit Bolt until next month.

I sighed.

I really wanted that puppy to be out of my sight. To be out of my house. But i don't want to disappoint Kiba. He is the only friend I have, and even if it's not part of my plan, Kiba became close to me. Even he's busy he is doing an effort to support that puppy. So unfortunately, I have to keep that creature in my house.

Anyway, when that puppy grow up he is going to be out of the house because Kiba said he is saving up money for the puppy's dog house in my backyard.

Well... That's if the puppy live until that time comes.

A part of me is wishing for Bolt to live,  and the other part wanted him to just die and disappear.

After few minutes of walking, I finally arrived home. And as i removed my shoes Bolt immediately run towards me with his tails wagging.

I gazed at him shortly but enough for me to see his figure— his orange-white fur is still clean enough for me to indicate that he has been behaved all day.

But instead of reacting, I just ignored his enthusiasm. and put on my cotton slippers.

I went towards the kitchen as I dropped my bag in the couch i pass by. I settled the dogfoods i bought on the drawer Kiba gave me.

Then i took a pack of opened dogfoods and pour small amount in Bolt's bowl. Kiba bought a costumized bowl for Bolt with his name written on it. It's color orange— matching his color— and a medium size that can still be use in the future if he grow up.

I just finnished pouring the dogfoods when Bolt ran towards the bowl and immediately start eating.

Seems like he's really hungry.