Chapter 3

Hinata

"  . . . ARE YOU OKAY?" I blinked several times realizing what had happened before me. I  swallowed hard as I look at the guy in his eyes. One second it's color is red, and now it's color black.

"I . . ." I grunted, composing myself. "Im fine."

The guy just smile before he went down from my desk. And there i noticed the ball in his hands. Its releasing some smokes, proof of the speed it went just earlier. And just few seconds earlier, i almost got hit by it!

"Sorry!" I heard Gaara shouted from the field, i gaze at the guy beside me who gave Gaara a cold emotionless glare before he threw the ball back to the field.

He gaze back at me again but i diverted my gaze to his hands that he used in blocking the ball. It looks . . . fine. Super fine that I could assume that nothing happened.

"Are you okay?" it's my turn to ask him now. He gave me a short smile before nodding. I exhaled. Gladly. Because if something happen to him, I will take the blame.

"What's your name?"

"H-ha? M-me? H-hinata Hyuuga." I reached my hands. "You, what's your name?"

"Sasuke," he extended my hands to hold onto mine. "Sasuke Uchiha. Nice to meet you, Hinata."

Somehow i felt deja vu.

Naruto

"I DON'T FEEL good." I said as i look at Shikamaru who don't seem to mind. As usual, he is sitting at his spot, while im lying at the grass facing before him.

"What do you feel?" He looked at me.

"I . . ." i think for a second. "Well my stomach feels weird. Like it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel right too. You know, like the organs inside me is going to switch position or something like that. Then . . . i don't know. I just feel like i should think about something but I don't know. I feel like i should manage something but i don't know what 'that' something is."

"You're nervous." He simply said.

"Tch. Nervous? How can you diagnose my feelings as a simple nervousness?! I don't feel weird and im sure this sensation is way much worse than being—" I stopped as i realized something. "What's 'nervous' anyways?" I asked. Shikamaru just roled his eyes as he lick his paw, again.

"Nervousness. You haven't felt it before?"

I tried to reminisce. "I don't think so . . . I mean I had felt fear before. Anger, Sadness. Excitement, Anger level two and anger on the other level. But nervousness . . . what is that?"

"Nervousness. It's a feeling that is related to nerves. It's a feeling that you get easily agitated or anxious."

"So why do you think im nervous?"

"Well . . ." his gaze rosed to the roof of their house. "Humans are nervous when they go to competition and other anxious-activating activities like confessing to a crush or telling your parents that you broke the hanger or you got someone pregnant because the condom got a hole. Meanwhile, pets rarely get nervous. Somehow, reincarnated pets tend to get this unexplainable nervousness when their owners meet someone that is related in their past life, even if they are not with their owner."

"For example, your owner is Hinata, your soul is somewhat connected to her now. So if she meet someone that you know from the past, even if you're not with her, you will instantly feel 'that' nervousness." He explained.

I thought for a second.

"Other than that, i don't know any incident that could trigger a reincarnated animal's nervousness. And also, it's not like you're gonna feel nervous everytime you meet someone from your past. Sometimes, even when you encounter someone from the past, if they had forgotten who they are, then you won't get nervous. In other words . . . "

"In other words, Hina met someone that I know from the past. And this someone is strong enough to keep his real identity!"

"Only gods are that strong." He said confirming the idea that has been forming my mind!

"Will he hurt her? Will he find out that she's connected to me? Will she be okay??"

"Who knows?" he shrugged. "I mean, yeah that person you're talking about can feel your soul within Hinata. But it's his decision whether he'll hurt her or not."

I didn't waited for his futher explanation and i already dashed inside the house, i could hear him calling my name to get me back but i didn't stopped.

The thing that stopped me was only in midway of the backyard when i felt something odd around me. I felt like im bieng stretched, but I feel better.

It's like . . . It's like im back into my old self.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I heard a familiar laugh behind. I immediately turned behind, only to get shock in the view before me.

His silver hair is still long like before, he . . . he still look like the old pervy man i know.

"Long time no see Naruto, son." He smiled. I almost cried as I hear his voice again. I didn't thought that I'd miss him this much.

"G-godfather." It's the only thing i could utter as my emotion got ahead of me. I cried along with a low sob.

He extended his hands as his smile get wider. "Care to hug your Godfather?"

I immediately run not caring about anything else and bump into his chest. I just let him envelop his arms around me, and subconsciously my hands rose up to hug him too.

And that's when i realized,

Im back to my old shape!!!

"Godfather!" I said as we let go of each other.

"Im sorry I let you experience this for a long time, son."

"B-but why didn't you help me?" I asked gently. "Y-you're the god of life, right?"

He smiled, a smile that I already know what he'll say. A smile that feel sorry. "Im sorry son. Im the god of life, but not the god of reincarnation. Your father made a deal with the god of reincarnation to put you in this situation, as punishment for the damage that you and the god of shadow had made."

"And?" I hopefully asked wishing that what im gonna hear next is not the worst thing.

"And along that, Kaguya Otsutsuki . . . is gone. Naruto she's forever gone."