Chapter Eighteen, Profession

"Good morning, Elma." Dominic flips over a document when noticing me approaching the fridge.

"Good morning to you, Fratello." I search the fridge for my delicious strawberry yogurt, which I always eat after my morning practice.

Checking the fridge again, I thought I had at least one left. Glazing around the room, my eyes land on Dominic and the empty strawberry yogurt carton beside him. "Dominic, Did You Eat That Strawberry Yogurt?" I came out rough and pissed off.

"Yes?" He finally lifts his head from his paper.

"Oops, sorry Farfalla. I did know that was your yogurt?" Dominic looked sorry, but I was just overly mad.

One thing back at the estate that is known to everyone is, I Mean, Never Ever Eat Donna's Food. Because the last time someone had eaten my food, they had at least a whole week's worth of extra training from me. Ever since then, Luisa has insulted a mini fridge to prevent the situation from happening again.

"Yes, That Was! If Didn't Eat The Last One, It Would Have Been Ok, But You Ate The Last One, Dominic." I released my anger, being dramatic about my yogurt.

"How about I buy you more yogurt this evening for tomorrow?" Dominic locks eyes with me while showing genuine emotion that he is sorry.

"Fine, but make sure you get the same brand and flavor." I aggressively put the Expresso pod into the machine.

"Good morning, Neonata is there something wrong?" Dad enters the room, reading the emotions of the room.

"Yes, he ate my yogurt." I pointed the finger the Dominic.

"Don't worry, Papà. I am buying more this evening." Dominic sighed, reassuring Dad nonchalantly as he packed up the business papers.

"Ok, son..." Dad just responds, unsure of what to do.

"Good morning." Mateo comes into the kitchen cheerfully dressed like a bad boy with his ripped blue jeans and black open-buttoned Polo Shirt as he drags his half-awake twin behind him to the counter.

"Don't forget it's The Career Fair today! Who wants to ride with me?" I announced, pouring the Expresso into my red and black monarch butterfly travel mug.

"Me!" Romeo shoots up from his sleep state.

"That's not fair." Mateo comes out of the pantry with his chocolate protein shake.

"Hurry up, Mateo, or I will leave you behind," Elio yells from the garage doorway.

"Romeo, we must leave now if you don't want to be late." I quickly double-checked my black Satchel bag makes sure I packed my laptop and files.

"I got it, Sorellina!" Mateo rushes out of the living room swinging his school bag while wearing a Pacific Gove Tigers varsity jacket.

Now giving Dad a hug, I say goodbye, kissing him on the cheek while embracing me in a hug. "Have a good day, Neonata." He kissed me back on the head before I grabbed my keys.

Pulling out in my Red Dynamic, I paused right next to Elio's White Cross Hammer. "Wanna race?" Elio temps me into racing.

"What's your offer?" I go into business mode, seeing if I can get something out of participating.

"What are you thinking? Elio, is the current reigning champion?" Romeo exploded right next to me.

It's not really a surprise to me that Romeo was worried. If you take the racing statics, Mateo definitely will win against me, but it's not always about winning for me it's about the adrenalin run, the feeling of racing against people.