9

————————————

"Nott."

"Nott wait." I call out again. His long legs carried him much quicker than my short ones, I was trying desperately to keep up.

"Theo!" I finally say, this makes the Slytherin dead stop in the hallway, turning towards me with an obviously fake smile.

"I've been trying to talk to you for days, are you avoiding me?" I questioned.

He didn't make eye contact with me and I knew it was on purpose. He'd been like this since Sunday, when he cornered me in the library again. Somehow he'd gotten me to admit I had a date to Hogsmeade and I wouldn't tell him who.

"No of course not, why on earth would you think that?" He stated sarcastically.

"Theo.."

"Stop that."

"Stop what?" I question, I'm smiling now. It's hard not to. Theo is throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler and it's clear to me now he likes the attention.
His arms are crossed and his foot is dramatically tapping like he's a picture book character. I almost let out a laugh but I'm able to hold it in.

"Stop trying to get me to forgive you. I thought we agreed no secret keeping from your favorite Slytherin." He huffed.

"Who? Blaise?" I ask.

Theo's head snaps towards me in shock, but when he sees my cheeky grin he rolls his eyes.
"Now you are messing with me..."

"Yes I am, now— can I help you in Herbology?"

"Who said I forgive you....?"

"Do you?"

"Maybe."

"Good."

We were flirting.
At least I thought we were.

It was completely safe, right? It's just Theo, he's like this with everyone. Plus, I was going on a date with Ritchie- so— I didn't have to worry about my stupid crush on Theodore Nott anymore.
It was nothing.

"So— your place or mine?" Theo stated with a wink.

"Wait- what?" I question, my eyes going wide. Theo just chuckled in reaction.
"Now I'm messing with you Longbottom, where do you want to study? My common room is always mostly clear, and for some reason, dead silent." Theo  laughed, and in return I laughed too.

It felt safe with him. I thought to myself.

"Come with me." Theo said as he pulled me by my hand down the hallway.

It was after dinner and the halls were still relatively empty. Students and professors were winding down for the night.

Theo's hand in mine felt like second nature at this point, he was a touchy person and I wasn't about to deny his affections. His hands weren't sweaty like most people's and his touch, though sometimes abrupt, was always gentle.

After we took two wrong turns I started to wonder where he was taking me. I was mostly distracted by him talking about some party Blaise and him had gone two in third year.
It wasn't like I thought he'd kill me or something, it was just a little unnerving not knowing where I was being taken.

"Uhm... Theo?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are we going right now?" I question, he still doesn't look back at me.

"Snape's private ingredient cupboard."

"W-WHAT?!"

Theo flips himself around, his index finger against my lips as he shushed me. His eyes scan the hall to make sure I didn't draw any attention the he looks at me again.
"Calm down, I do this all the time. Don't be such a worry wart." He said, his cheeky grin shining through.

I push his hand off my mouth.
"I didn't agree to this."

"You didn't say no?"

"You never asked." I huff.

"You still never said no." He repeats.
"Plus we are here anyway, so might as well help me."

I rolled my eyes, knowing there was no getting out of a Theo situation once I'm already in it. I watch as the Slytherin wizard pulls his wand from his robes, he crouched beside the door waving it towards the lock whispering multiple spells, one after the other. I watch him curiously.

Something about it did something to me. I'd never heard Theo speak so softly before and honestly-
It was extremely attractive.

"What?" Theo questioned when he caught me staring.

I quickly look away from him, attempting to hide my blushed face behind a hand.
"Nothing- what was that you were saying?"

Theo stands once again, opening the door with ease now.
"Old magic, a simple unlocking charm won't work on it. Took me ages to figure out how to get in here so consider yourself lucky standing before my greatness." He stated, holding his arms up to show off the stocked cupboard.

"Looking for something specific?" I asked as he rummaged through the ingredients.

"Mhm." He said plainly, still pushing through hard and vials.
"Pans needs more Lace Wings for the Polyjuice potion."

I leaned against to door frame, messing with the h of my robes as I watched him.
"Why make more?"

"Here it is!" He cheered, opening a jar and pulling a few things from it and tucking them in his pocket. He jumped down from the small wooden ladder he had climbed, beaming at me with a proud smile.
"I never said tryouts was the only time we spied."

I went to walk out the door but I heard footsteps approaching.
"Someone's coming." I note.

Theo's eyes go wide as he pulls me by the front of my shirt, yanking me into the cupboard with him as he closes the door. I hear a loud locking sound when the door shuts. Then we are dead silent until the footsteps go in another direction.

Theo let's out a sigh of relief and I do the same.
"That was close." I say with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, one thing though."

"What?" I wonder, watching him walk back towards the door, that I now see has no inside handle. Theo pushes on it a few times but it doesn't budge.

You have to be kidding me.