35

——————✧◦ ★ ◦✧——————

I'd never seen Theo like this before.

He was happy, and sure I'd seen him happy before, but never like this.

He grinned from ear to ear, joked, and laughed more than I can count. My mates got along with him perfectly as if they were close all their life. My favorite part was not having to hide with him.

I'd never describe myself as a touchy person, maybe it was opportunity or maybe I just never felt comfortable enough around people. But Theo's love language had always been physical touch and it was in full swing today. He'd hold my hand and reach for my waist, hold my face and kiss my lips. No fear of who saw or what people thought.

I loved it.
I love him.

"Wow that hit the spot!" Seamus exclaimed.

"Yeah it did, food always seems better after snow days or even swimming." Dean said before taking a sip from his cup.

We were in a small café in a town just a small walk from Seamus' home. Theo reached for my hand on the table and I intertwined our fingers, leaning against him in comfort.

"Are we finished?" The waitress questioned with a kind smile, offering to take our plates.

"Yeah, we are done. Can we get the check please?" Ginny asked, the waitress nodded in reply. As she took the plates away I could tell her stare was lingering on Theo, honestly it was every time she visited the table. It didn't bother me too much because Theo didn't seem to notice it.

"What's next? Arcade?" Seamus was practically jumping up and down at the prospect.

Everyone at the table seemed to agree with the idea with equal enthusiasm.
"I'm sorry- what's arcade?" Theo asked.

I looked up at him with excitement.
"It's this muggle place that has these big boxes with screens like televisions but you can move the people or things on the screen around- Ah I'm so poor at explaining things!"

"You are adorable- and besides it sounds fun. Anything Finnigan is this off the walls about must be." Theo replied kissing my forehead.

Everyone at the table laughed and the waitress returned with the check. Her eyes caught on Theo again and this time her cheeks flushed red as she spoke.
"D-do you live around here?" She asked while Dean and Seamus finished paying.

"No." Theo answered plainly, not giving her much to work with.

"Well I was wondering if you'd want to come to a party with me and my mates tonight? Like a date?" She asked bluntly.

The table went awkwardly silent, everyone's attention locked on Theo and the muggle girl.
"Are you daft? Can't you see I'm holding hands with my boyfriend right now?" Theo replied rudely.

I felt my stomach do flips, for more reasons than one.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed, my bad." The poor girl flushed a bright crimson before she scurried away and never came back.

"Nott, that was a little harsh don't you think?" Ginny noted.

"Yeah, now I won't get my change back!" Seamus sighed out, Dean laughed but patted his back in comfort anyway.

Theo rolled his eyes.
"Someone needs to tell her before she keeps falling for gay men, I thought I was being perfectly obvious." He replied. He looked down at me for reassurance but I was still at a loss for words.
"Neville?"

"You called me your boyfriend." I noted with a mischievous smile, poking at his chest playfully.

"What? No I didn't." He replied, his cheeks almost a brighter red than the waitress' had been. He turned away from me in hopes of hiding it.