16

——————✧◦ ★ ◦✧——————

By the time we made it to the lake we were both out of breath, Theo paced anxiously as profanities spilled from his lips.

"Fuck- fuck I'm screwed." He said as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Theo."

"I'm dead, I'm so dead."

"Theo!"

"What?!" He yelled in reply.

Theo finally faced me. His face broken, hot tears streaking his cheeks. He looked so vulnerable, like he had in the ingredients closet. This time was different though,
he looked ashamed.

One step towards him, my hands up in defense.
"Blaise said he had it handled, no one saw us. If Richard says a thing I'll deny it I swear."

"Are- are you scared of me Neville?" The Slytherin questioned. He wiped his nose on his sleeve. A nervous smile grew in his face, the type of smile someone used to cover up their feelings.

I looked down at my hands that I had put up.
"No! Of course I'm not."

I step towards him again.

"Neville I swear I never meant for that to-"

"I know Theo, it's okay." I say as standing in front of him now. He tries everything in his power to not meet my eyes, that when he does he can't contain himself any longer.

My arms just barely offer him consolation before he is falling into my embrace. His breathing is heavy and it's clear to me he is having a moment. For a few minutes it's just the sounds of nature and Theo's heavy breathing. I choose not to talk till he has calmed slightly.

"What's your favorite weather?" I ask, the silence after my question is deafening. Then I feel Theo shaking softly under my arms, small chuckles escaping him.

"What's my favorite weather? Is that your way of easing the tension?" Theo laughs.

"Just answer the question you twat." I laugh in reply.

He turns himself so his head is now laying in my lap. I subconsciously start playing with his curls. Theo lets out one last long shaky breath before replying to my question.
"I dunno, I kinda like all types of weather."

I scoff.

"Oh does my answer not please you?" He said with a wide grin.

"It's impossible to like all types of weather."

"That's like saying you can't like both chocolate and vanilla ice cream." Theo says to defend himself.

"Now that's completely different, I only mean you can't like sunny days and rainy days equally. If it's cloudy, there is no sun. And when their is sun, there is no rain. So how could you like both just as much as the other?" I explained.

Theo sat up abruptly.
"What about when it rains and it's sunny? Like a sun shower? Isn't that both?"

"Touché." I hummed.

Then it was silent again. We're sitting beside one another and our fingers are almost touching.
I feel like I can't breathe.
If held his hand so many times but now feels different. Now I know he's attracted to wizards.

"So, you said you'd deny any rumors?" He asked. His tone coming off charismatic once again.

"Of course-"

"Any rumors?" He repeated, leaning closer to me. His eyes flashed towards my lips and I felt red hot under his gaze. It was as if I were intoxicated.

"Theo?" I said, though it came out more a whisper. He was so close I could feel his breath, if I leaned forward I could press my lips into his.

I wanted to so badly.
I wanted him so badly,

"Fuck." He scoffed under his breath as he lifted himself off the ground. He was laughing, deliriously.
"You will be the end of me Neville Longbottom." He finally noted.

Then he turned in his heels and started walking away, as if nothing happened.
"What the fuck?" I said to myself as I quickly got up and went after him.

"Something just happened right? It's not just in my head or something, you are into wizards are you not?" I questioned, feeling slightly irritated.

He kept his pace up, not stopping and also still smiling like an idiot. Now I was getting even more upset.
Was this a joke?

I sped in front of him, stopping him from walking forward and he for some reason complied. Because in reality he could easily just push me aside.
"Hypocrite." I scoffed.

"Excuse me?" He chuckled, crossing his arms.

"You warned me about Coote leading me on and now here you are doing the same thing to me. I thought you were straight Theo, this changes everything." I exclaimed.

"And what does this newfound information change Neville, do tell?" Theo questioned, stepping towards me now.

"Well, I dunno." I said, my confidence from moments ago quickly ran out. Especially when Theo is looking at me the way he is.

"You are so fucking adorable." Theo stated.

He just said it as if it were some normal thing. I was the exact opposite. My heart stopped right then.

"I have to leave before you get me in trouble for real Neville. Remember, deny, deny, deny." He said in a cheeky tone. He gave one last wink before walking away towards the castle. This time I didn't stop him.

I was honestly still breathless.
I'd almost kissed Theodore Nott.

He called me adorable.