29.Flashbacks

AN

So this is a very special chapter! You see, this is the 100th chapter for the entire series! So I made this as a sort of special chapter and a bit of breather for the angst since it'll continue being suffocating for the rest of the arc. 

Just a heads' up, I might take a short hiatus soon. Maybe just put away the keyboard for a week so to speak, to freshen my mind. I want to make sure that I'm not getting bored of this and thus pumping out bad chapters. (To be clear, I love writing this! It's just that I've noticed a bit of burn out from a similar hobby from mine, and want to make sure it doesn't spread here.)

~🌤~

Ender Dragons

Description: Ender Dragons reside in the End. Every world has a mother and it's egg. It is considered a player's honor to slay a Dragon despite the fact they usually don't attack players unless they are attacked first. Dragons can be revived with end crystals and are able to bless others, though they seldom do. Dragon eggs cannot hatch unless extremely rare conditions involving a player are met. As such, virtually all dragons are female. 

Powers: Flight; dragon's breath; able to be revived; creating worlds (Enderllion only); dragon's blessing

Colors: Black/purple

Lifespan: 1,000 (10:1)

Location: Ends; the True End

Leader: Enderllion, Mother of All Dragons, Birther of Worlds

Hybrids: TBD... maybe elytrians? I'm not sure what dragon-like human creatures there are-- But their lifespan is 250, or (4:1)

~🌤~

Time and time again, Xel relived his life in the Void. Sometimes, he remembered, and simply looking at the illusion of his teacher acting just as he always had made him burst into tears. Sometimes, Grian told him outright about it all, how he was dead and this was the Void. The illusion never believed it. Less and less, Grian told it the truth, seeing as it hardly seemed to make a difference. 

Other times, Grian lived in bliss, unknowing the ways in which this was a punishment. He lived out his life beside Miesall just as he had done back then, the scenes repeating in order. He'd find himself in a new world; Evolution. He would bond with others only to be ripped from them. He would become Xelqua again, living his life as a Watcher before making the mistakes he once did. To have Miesall die in his arms, over and over again.

In these times, 'Miesall' wasn't as kind. His dying words were ones of hate and vengeance. Ones that accused Xelqua of being at fault for all of this. "You foolish, stupid human!" He sometimes would say with breath that the real Watcher didn't have, "You are a disgrace not only to the Great Ones, but your friends and all of humanity as well! To kill another like this — your own friend, even! And to think; you wailed and cried and sobbed when you chose to abandon your other friends. Now here you are again, crying like a crybaby over your own actions, as if you are the one truly suffering in this scenario."

He'd grab onto Xel, digging his blood-stained nails into his flesh, tearing it apart. The murderer wouldn't protest, though often times he couldn't help but cry out, proving 'Miesall's' point.

There were times that Xelqua would respond, and other times that he did not. "I'm sorry!" He would often cry when he did. "I didn't mean—"

"But you did." The bloodied creature hissed. "You were the one who chose to disobey our leaders. You were the one who got us sent to the worlds to scrounge around like pathetic little players, disgracing both of us. You were the one who insisted that we just had to go to the village. To be surrounded by the very wretched creatures I've been warning you about for— how long? Over two centuries— twice as long as the human lifespan. And somehow you still couldn't get it through that stupid head of yours."